1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

other fest??

Discussion in '2008' started by MULE, Dec 2, 2008.

1. MULE

MULE Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is there also a spring/summer fest or is it just once a year in the fall?

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I believe that there will be a smaller fest in Des Moines during the spring.

3. MULE

MULE Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thankyou,thats a heck of a lot of fishfood!

4. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I stopped by an auction this past summer and grabbed 2 of those tin bins for 3 bucks each.

5. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    At this point we will be having another fall fest next year in nov, there won't be a spring auction/swap but we are trying to arrange a speaker and a smaller raffle

6. MULE

MULE Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are only members of your club allowed to your auctions ect....May I ask why no auction/swap this spring?Is it pretty common to have speakers ?I met J.Sprung and Bob Goeamens one time in Omaha in the latse 80s.I think they work off of commision or somethig because they were pimping all kinds of products.

7. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sprung owns Two Little Fishes so he gets more than a Commission. I am still holding out hope for a spring swap, so don't give hope yet.

8. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Usually the swaps and auctions are open to anyone (non members usually pay an entrance fee). We usually have one or two speakers a year sometimes more. The basic run down of why no spring swap is we would like to focus on the one large event in the fall as they tend to take up a ton of time and effort.