1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Other area reefers

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by slovan, Nov 19, 2007.

1. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just a shout out to those reefers who are outside of the 4 major areas.  Where is everyone from and what kind of tank(s) do you have?  Which major area will you be claiming?
    I'm from Oskaloosa and I have a 120 reef tank.  I'm about 60 miles southeast of DSM and 85 miles southwest of Iowa City.  I am claiming Des Moines as my area.

2. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My name is Robyn, and I'm a reef addict.
    Ooppss.....Sorry, my name is Robyn and I actually live in Illinois, approximately 50 miles from the Quad Cities.  Moline is my home town however, and I still have family ties to the area.  The Quad Cities would be the area closest to me and my connection to the club. 
    I have a 90 gallon reef tank and I've been interested/learning/ and pretty much addicted for two years.  I'm fairly new to the club and impressed with the diversity of tank styles, fish and reef interests and knowledge within the club.  I personally have found the club to be supportive and generous in helping other members.  Great group of people!

3. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

dup

4. JByrd

JByrd

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, My name is J.J. I live north of the Quad Citites Area (aprox. 30 min.) in Fulton, IL. Fulton is located right across the Mississippi River from Clinton,IA. I will say the Q.C. is my connection to this club. I currently have an All-Glass 125 aquarium, with a AGA 30 gal. long refuge. Coralife Skimmer and 40watt Pentair Aquatics UV. Lighting consists of a 72" Current Orbit 3X150 HQI w/ actinics. This aquarium was installed by me and a friend that is also a reefer in Feb. of this year. I know of 3 other people in my imediate area with tanks. I would love to be able to me more that are generally close to me. I would add pictures to this but I am not quite sure how. I have added pictures in the photo gallery though if anyone is interested.

5. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi and welcome!  I'm glad you have found this site and have joined in!  Feel free to post pix, ask questions, whatever.  I'd like to hear more about your tank too!

6. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hello JByrd
    Welcome! What kind of corals do you keep?

Why don't you introduce your friends to the club too.

7. JByrd

JByrd

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, me and two others recently attended the Frag Swap in the Q.C.'s