1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Ordering from Savko...anyone want in?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by AJ, Sep 6, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm placing an order with Savko and considering that their lowest shipping tier is almost $9, I thought I would see if anyone else wanted in to save some $$ on shipping. 
    For those who are not aware of what Savko is, they are a supplier for bulkheads, PVC fittings including true union ball valves and other plastic items that can be hard to find.
    I will place the order on Tuesday night, so please contact me ASAP if you want in.
    --AJ

2. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    grr why you gotta be so far north of me haha

3. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was looking throw the savko site, since I have never been there before. And now I want to redo all the PVC work that I have. I think the clear PVC is so cool.

4. psulion

psulion

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just ordered from them last Tuesday and the package arrived the next day. Super company to deal with.

5. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Actually clear PVC isn;t as great as you think it might be....i guess if you keep it in a dark area it might stay clear for a little while, but if it gets any light at all something is gonna grow in it, eventually reducing flow.

6. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ya your right. It would just be cool for a little while then you would see all the nasty's that grow inside. Even white PVC gets yellow after a while.

7. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, they have all kinds of cool PVC stuff...but the cool stuff costs so darn much.  One of the valves that I need is like $45.
    --AJ