1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

onyx clowns froms rods reef

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by js_bass, Dec 18, 2007.

1. js_bass

js_bass Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My girlfriend lives in northern ill, and one week when se was out working out, i got board and found this awesome little fish store called rods reef. I went there cool guy found he was one of the orginals guys to start dt phoyto stuff, and he then started his own reef foods called rods food, well anyway it is awesome. But more importantly he breeds onyx clowns and he told me they were 50 bucks a pop, a little pricey for me so i didnt buy any... But i went back this last weekend and he kinda remembered me but anyways he sold me the clowns for 15 bucks cause he taught they didnt look perfect. well they look awesome and me and my buddies got 8 of them to split up.
    long story i no, but taught it was cool

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    So where are the pics?

3. js_bass

js_bass Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i will get them up in about one hour when i get home. these are little guys you will see.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a nice score, I plan on going up to Rod's Reef soon.  I've alway wanted to check out the store.

5. js_bass

js_bass Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    not much for fish tons of frags and good price on colonys of or multiple head frags, and great oynx and even better food

6. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    theres a link to his fish on his site thats on reef central thjat has pics of his fish.
    look in the livestock/fish section of his site.

http://www.rods-reef.com/

7. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what part of northern il is it, I was jsut in northern chicago this weekend and went to two stores near my sister's but one was an empty storefront and the other, close their store and jsut sell online. it sucked

8. js_bass

js_bass Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    his store is in dekalb ill off of i-88

9. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    js_ bass1
    what size are the fish?

10. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've wanted a pair of his clowns for awhile. I'd have to say the surge tank set-ups he has I found the most impressive. He does have alot of cool fish and coral. As for a great guy I'd have to say he is one of the best for knowledge and personalities when it comes to shop owners. I went there last fall and he stayed open late just so my kids could screw around and look at his tanks. I must say I was very impressed with everything in his shop.

11. js_bass

js_bass Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the clowns are about a half of an inch but seem to be doing all right, he told me to watch them. yah his surge tanks are sweet, i want one but not sure i know anything when it comes to that.