1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

online live stock whos the best

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ninjazx777, Jun 7, 2009.

1. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    just wanted to hear about peoples experiences with live stock sellers
    liveaquaria.com---- I have bought from them several times with out a problem,  good packaging,fish prices are a little high and shipping costs suck no free shipping here
    bluezooaquatics.com------  ordered from them once prices good but size of livestock kind of small. good packaging,  free shipping with $225 order.
    reeftopia.com --- orderd from them a couple of times, good prices on crabs, shrimp, and snails. sell unatached ricordia cheap but wild caught and color not the greatest, not much of a selection seems like alot of what they sale is out of stock. not very good packaging  very small bags. free shipping with $100 order I will only buy snails and crabs from them again
    that  is all who I have ordered from tell me about your expieriences
    thanks
    matt

2. rockinsmall

rockinsmall Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Reef Empire- monster huge flat worms, not the nicest people, nice looking corals

Bluezooaquatics- nicest staff ive ever spoke to, make good on every order, offer discount for RC members, free shipping after $250

3. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got some snails from bluezoo. They were tiny but boy do they do their job. They all reproduced like mad in the tank only a few short weeks after plopping them in there. We did a group buy and I was happy with my portion of the order.

4. vikubz Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    liveaquaria: excellent quality, have the 'build your own' reef cleaner package. You only have to buy $60 worth to get free shipping.
    reeftopia: had good luck with them as well, good quality
    bluezooaquatics: got in on the group buy a few weeks ago. Very nice specimens, very healthy.
    floridapets.com: livestock was very healthy, but very small compared to other vendors.

5. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Matt, Reeftopia is where we usually have done group orders and it has always been great. I need some urchins if you are going to order. But reeftopia doesn't sell less than 16 at a time that isn't real good for me unless two or three people want to split them.

6. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    fragglereef.com me and joel just orderd from them good size frags free shipping over $200

7. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Vivid Aquariums have a pretty good selection of fish and corals. I was happy with my order.

8. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Diddo on Vivid, had real good luck with them also.

9. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes Fraggle Reef was good to us. Brian there treated us quite fairly.
    But, I see a coral I have been looking for at Vivid ...... hmmmm maybe they are in my near future?