1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

One tough zoanthid!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vikubz, Nov 25, 2009.

1. vikubz Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Back at the spring swap I acquired some of slovan's armor of god orange zoas. They started out fine, but then I had a little outbreak of algae and it really seemed to bother them. Eventually it looked like they had given up the ghost and I actually lost track of the frag plug they were on. ( I blame the starfish for that, he rearranges things ) Now about a week ago I noticed something under the edge of a rock, and it was the frag plug with a clear growth on it. Just for grins I attached it to a piece of rock and now there is a fully restored polyp, and another small piece of the original appears to be regenerating as well. Apparently they just needed a little time to themselves.

2. rockinsmall

rockinsmall Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i fully killed a yellow scroll.. it was bright white! i changed my bulbs to a different brand and tossed the skeleton in the back of the rockwork... a couple days ago i went to grab it to throw it in the sump and half the tissue was back! i was amazed.. crazy corals!