1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Official Thread for the Dec. 9th Cedar Rapids Tank Tour

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by JB, Nov 21, 2007.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

We are planning a tank tour for Sunday December 9th.   Josh (reeffreak3652) is organizing this, so please contact him if you would like to go on the tour and/or have your tank be a stop on the tour.

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I plan to attend and have my tank be a stop on the tour.

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so who all is in on the tour? I see several people have said they want to be a stop, but no names here rather than me.

I wonder if we could get Don Methany in Marion to give us a tour of his Clown breeding setup. If there's any interest in that, maybe I could give him a call and see if he would be willing.

-JB

4. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nick and I would like to be a stop in Robins.

5. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I can probably come down for this, sounds pretty fun to me.....

6. reeffreak3652

reeffreak3652 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will be a stop. Yes JB i think that would be an excellent idea to check out the clown breeding setup. Now we just need to get some addy's from the people participating. What would be a good time to start this thing? I know im going to be hungover being its a Sunday and all.

7. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to join the tour and yall can come over to my house. i too think that checking out the clown breeding setup would be a good thing.

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I just talked to Don on the phone. It sounds like he would be interested in coming on the tour and maybe even be a stop on the tour (he's going to let me know). It also sounds like he might be interested in joining the club! I gave him our website address, so maybe he'll poke his head in here and say hi.

-JB

9. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a good time, maybe I could hitch a ride with Waverz and check it out.

10. Steph & Nick

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am going to have to take our tank off the tour /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif Our system crashed last night, we lost all our fish and snails. The crabs and corals seem to be stable, except for our large leather, it looks pretty bad. This reallllllllly sucks. We would still like to come see other peoples tanks, and hopefully be a stop next time.

11. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Wow, that's a real bummer! I'm sorry to hear that you had a crash. Do you have any idea what caused it? It's odd that your fish died and your corals are ok... It seems like it would be the other way around.

/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

-JB

12. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    You have an idea on what time you're planning on starting this?

13. reeffreak3652

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its looking like Noon or 2, whatever works best for everyone else really as my schedule is flexible. We will get it narrowed down to a specific time when more people chime in on this tour. Cmon guys i know there are more of you that want to show off your tanks than just 4 of us.

14. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I just want to point out that you don't have to have a established mature tank for it to be a stop on the tour. Anything from a brand new tank to a well establshed tank can make for a good stop on the tour.

If we really only have 4 people willing to be a stop on the tour in a town of 100K+ people, then we REALLY need to work on getting the word out about this club in CR!

-JB

15. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be into attending and having my tank be a stop on the tour.

16. Steph & Nick

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Our tank doesnt look very good since the crash, but we would love to be a stop.

17. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just an idea that we did in the Quad Cities, we limited the number of stops on the tour this fall to four, this allowed us more time to BS at each stop and to get a more in depth look at the tanks. The tour still lasted from around 1pm until around 7pm. This also left us with tanks to tour in Jan-Feb.
    We also dropped in to our LFS as a group, which I think is good for exposure to them as a group.

Billy

18. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So have we got our official list of stops for the tour yet? I think Billy's idea of limiting it to 4 or 5 tanks is a good one.

-JB

19. Steph & Nick

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Josh- Let me know what you want me to do on this. I don't want to take over since you started this event and have organized it thus far, but I am willing to help in any way you need.

20. reeffreak3652

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Steph- you have pm!