1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Octopus NW-200 opinions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seanndenise1, Nov 6, 2007.

1. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I know Jeremy has one & swears by it. Just like anything else some like it, some dont. Got2lb is a dealer & may be able to save you some money. I think a few other in the club has em. I am going to order a ddnw 200 soon i think

3. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Do some research before you buy from marinesolustions I've heard some bad things about them.

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I would recommend using AquaCave.com They have good prices and (usually) fast shipping.

-JB

5. seanndenise1

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By got2lb on 11/06/2007 6:42 PM
    Do some research before you buy from marinesolustions I've heard some bad things about them.
    ill take your word for it, but it is a decent price for the skimmer.
    i have been buying quite a bit of stuff from aquacave, and they kick butt if you ask me, i  went to aquacaves forum here on rc and asked whether they price match or not.
    it would be nice to get marine solutions price from aquacave.
    in the above post, xroads says you may have a way to get a deal on these skimmers.  it makes no matter, but if you have anything going on and want to get involved with selling me one or know someone whos a dealer, let me know.
    thanks for the heads up.

6. seanndenise1

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jbrunken on 11/06/2007 7:43 PM
    I would recommend using AquaCave.com They have good prices and (usually) fast shipping.
    -JB
    i know, they kick butt.
    ive gotten nearly everything on my tank from aquacave.
    i kid you not, i ordered a phosban reactor at 9pm and it was at my house 36 hours later.
    same with all my orders, free shipping too, plus RC discount, great place.
    like i told got2lb , if i could get marine solutions price from aquacave in a pricematch, id be a happy man.
    i have been reading quite a bit about the octo skimmers and it just keeps sounding better and better as my choice.

7. seanndenise1

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i recieved my octo 200 today.

i wasnt expecting this bohemoth. my lord, its huge, im glad i had some water mixing in the other tank next to my sump because that sucker emptied my sump filling up, it must hold 4 gallons of water, geez.
    whats that collection cup hold? half gallon, wow.

it looks like its gonna kick butt, im kinda wondering where to have the water or bubbles at up near the collection cup.

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i kid you not, i ordered a phosban reactor at 9pm and it was at my house 36 hours later.
    same with all my orders, free shipping too, plus RC discount, great place.
    I ordered some Tunze Nanostreams from them yesterday with normal shipping and received them today in less than 20 hours.  AquaCave is hard to beat...
    -JB

9. seanndenise1

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    aquacave kicks butt

they price matched marine solutions for me, well it came out 5 dollars more than reef solutions.

i got the reef octopus nw-200 with the octopus pump. it was the skimmer that has the artwork on the collection cup and had the artwork on the shipping box.

the guy on the phone at aquacave told me,not to worry about any problems with it. i had concern about the bologna goin on with them.
    he said no worries.

he called me at work and told me the price, i said ill take it, and it was at my house the next morning at 10:30.

10. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Sean, your gonna love this skimmer man! I have mine running on a 125 with about 200 gallon of of water total. I haven't done a single mod to mine and it works like a champ. I totally beleive it is the best skimmer you can get for the $200 range. Happy skimming!

11. seanndenise1

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah im pretty impressed with it already.
    the dang thing is huge, now i know how john holmes felt,LOL.
    no but really, i took my seaclone 100 and threw it in the garage hopefully never to be seen again. i would try and sell it but dont want anyone to know i had one, hehehe. nor would i try and pawn it off on anyone.
    its remarkable how quiet the octos are too, that seaclone was loud, and when my girlfreind saw that big old skimmer she was thinking it was gonna be really loud, but its way quieter .
    im happy.