1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Fest [Oct 8, 2016] Fall Fest 2016! (Iowa City, IA)

Discussion in '2016' started by Greater Iowa Reef Society, Jun 6, 2016.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    This is going to be a pretty awesome event!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. aussie Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 1 / -0
    Lmao don't take it personal turbo, the uh oh is more like I might crack the camera with my ugly mug shot, can't wait to buy some eye candy

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Haha I kinda wondered about that!!!! :lol::lol: If it's any consolation, if you really don't want your face in the pic (for any reason!) just lets us know, we can just do a product pic.

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Seachem comes in at the last minute!!

IMG_0108.JPG

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
  6. any idea on how many tables there will be?

7. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    It was in the mass e-mail that went out around 10am today:

There will be lot of corals available from our great GIRS Members and GIRS Premium Members!
    Jeremy Dirks (Jeremy)
    Dave Roth (Dave)
    Jeanette Becker (beckerj3)
    Donny Graves (Armydog)
    Bill Schlarbaum (FishBrain)
    Su George (violet21chewy)
    Justin Gates (jstngates)

8. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Everyone have a great time! We would have liked to have been there but we couldn't. Our stepdad died and we are moving our Mother, she's 86 and has advanced dementia. The food sounds awesome too! Enjoy!!:D

9. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    One more I missed!!

2x 150g boxes of Aquacraft Bio-Sea Marine salt from 4Paws Unleashed

Thanks Donny @Armydog@Armydog @4pawsunleashed@4pawsunleashed!

biosea.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Loaded up...heading out!!

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

11. Thanks to everyone who put together Fall Fest. It was really enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
  13. Chlora Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Stronghurst, IL
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Had a great time at the fest and really enjoyed the change for this one. It made it seem more personable. Great job to who all planned the event. Food was great also.

14. MadManMadrid Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -0
    Just wanted to say thanks to @Armydog@Armydog for coming in early on saturday and helping to get the place ready and for bringing those woodstock zoas! A huge thanks to @Makuahine@Makuahine for stay out and helping moving those tanks till midnight! That was alot to do! And finally thanks to the hobbiest @Dave@Dave @violet21chewy@violet21chewy @jeremy@jeremy @FishBrain@FishBrain @beckerj3@beckerj3 that love the hobby enought to go around and want to share the stuff they love with everyone else! It wouldn't have been a show without the sellers. Then a huge thanks to everyone that showed support for the club by coming to this years fall fest!

15. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Thanks everyone for making Fall Fest 16 a great one. Also thanks @LiLNicky@LiLNicky and @MadManMadrid@MadManMadrid for taking all that on. Thanks to the setup crew and everyone that brought the amazing food. Thanks to everyone that stopped by my table to chat and for all that got some corals.
    And a big thanks to @Ray/Jen_Reefin@Ray/Jen_Reefin and @Jen/Reefin@Jen/Reefin for helping me out.
    Also thanks to all the vendors for the generous donations. And thank to @Officer for helping make the fest a good one.

It was a great fest. I really enjoyed the laid back format of the simple swap.

16. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    My thanks also to everyone that worked on Fall Fest! I think it was a big success. And I really liked the change-up on the event - and that it was more low key. Good job setting up - @LiLNicky@LiLNicky and @MadManMadrid@MadManMadrid

@xroads@xroads - great idea on the cook-off. Food was a great addition. By the time I had a minute to grab some food, some of the barbecue was gone - but I did get a couple of ribs and the barbecue ham. They were delicious!!!! Did we have a contest for the best barbecue meet - if so, I missed voting.

Thanks to everyone that stopped by my table. I hope you enjoy your corals!

Thanks to everyone else I didn't mention that had in making this a success. @Turbo's Aquatics@Turbo's Aquatics - for securing all the raffle prizes. Kind of nice also for a members only raffle. Make it an added perk for members!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    Last night after I got home, i was scouting around my kitchen for something to eat and my first thought was, where are the left overs! Every thing was delicious at Fall Fest! Thank you to everyone! From those that planned and set up, to everyone that sold corals, we had a really nice selection of great looking corals, the food was awesome and what a fun surprise to walk up and see we had live music....Fall Fest was a success!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. LiLNicky Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +197 / 4 / -0
    I would like to extend the Thank You to every single person that made this event awesome. We couldn't have done it without you. I had a great time and think this configuration was perfect and gives us something to build on in the future. I wish I had some of the leftovers too!!!

19. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Great to hear everyone was so happy with this Fest!:D

20. Rich C New User

Cambridge, IL
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Had a great time! Bought some cool frags, visited with members and won a Marineland light! Thank you GIRS for a great day!