1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Fest [Oct 8, 2016] Fall Fest 2016! (Iowa City, IA)

Discussion in '2016' started by Greater Iowa Reef Society, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Thanks @LiLNicky@LiLNicky for doing that also thanks to Bronson for letting us coral sellers setup the night before. Absolutely great idea much better for our hobbyist corals now ;)

2. Tank GIRS Member

Bettendorf
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to this. Thanks to everyone involved for setting this up! I can come up a few hours early Sat morning and help if needed.

3. MadManMadrid Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -0
    That would be fantastic!

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    Updated the #1 post with some raffle items, there are more on the way!! We might hold a few of these back for the Prize Pool but the raffle will be at least $2000 worth of product!

VIP Passes to the Shedd Aquarium
    10 packs of LRS Reef Frenzy
    $250 Gift Certificate from Live Aquaria
    5 Multi-Packs from Rod's Food
    CORAL Magazine Subscriptions
    $50 Gift Certificates from Mind Blowing Corals (up to 4 of these)
    Typhoon III RODI System from Air Water Ice
    L2 Rev 4 Algae Scrubber from Turbo's Aquatics

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    A couple other things that needed clarification:

Admission is FREE to this event - for everyone!!

GIRS Members will also receive a FREE sheet of 26 Raffle Tickets (a $20 value) for the Members-only raffle! You can Join or Renew now, or at the door!

Additional Raffle Ticket sheets will be available, the same as every other fest: $20/sheet (26 tickets), $1 each for less than a full sheet, and for $100 you get an extra sheet ($100 = 6 sheets)

Also, if you have a few things to sell but not enough to justify getting a table, that's OK! You can post what you are bringing either here in this thread or in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum and state that you are bringing it to Fall Fest. However, there will not be any table space or any place for your items inside the building if you are not getting a table. It's pretty typical for people to bring stuff to sell out of their cars/etc or to pre-arrange exchanges, so that's perfectly fine...but we don't want the parking lot turning into another swap meet, that's all! Bring a thing or two if you want, no problem!

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    Reef Nutrition is sending a donation!

2 sets of TDO Chroma Boost (3 packets) and liquid food samplers (6 bottles)
    Value $175 each set!

Seachem is also sending a donation pack! Likely a bunch of Aquavitro products, waiting to hear back to confirm what they are sending.

7. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    I also forgot to include this on the mass email

$100 worth for food from @AquariumAddictions@AquariumAddictions!!!

8. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Sorry if this was answered somewhere else but I will be gone all weekend but want to buy some raffle tickets. Can I get them ahead of time since I don't need to be present to win.

9. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    We've never sold tickets ahead of time or outside of the venue / online, but the question has also never been asked as you've always had to be present. We are trying to keep this as simple as possible so I would say that unless someone else on the committee/board has a good argument otherwise, you will need to attend to receive your tickets. There will still be drop boxes for all the items, it's not an all-in-one-bucket drawing.

10. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    Update: Raffle Items added

Various products from Microbe-Lift
    Various products from saltwateraquarium.com
    2-part total package with dosers from Bulk Reef Supply

11. violet21chewy Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines area
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    when do we pay for the table?

12. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    Either at the show, or to the treasurer. Chris or I will be in touch with everyone soon!

13. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    Some of the raffle prizes for Saturday!!

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Noteworthy! Noteworthy! x 1
    • List
  14. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Any idea what time the raffle will be? I know you don't need to be present, but I'm coming from Omaha and still have to drive to Minneapolis to get there at a decent time. It's not very convenient to drive back to Iowa city from Minneapolis Sunday after the Vikings game.

15. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    You can pick anything up that you win from me in WDM on Sunday if you can't stay for the raffle, I live right off I-35 at Mills Civic Pkwy so it's only a few miles out of the way

16. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    Hey just a shout out to the above people who expressed an interest in helping out with setup or stuff during the show: we don't really have a formal list of duties for this show, but if you want to help, we'll find something for you to do!!

Please post here if you are interested in helping out!

If anyone wants to help with setup tonight, contact @LiLNicky@LiLNicky or @MadManMadrid@MadManMadrid and they can let you know what you can help with!

If anyone wants to help during the day tomorrow, I will be running the sign-in desk, I'll have my laptop there to check memberships and sign people up with new accounts or renewals, as well as taking care of raffle tickets (since you don't have to be present, we'll have to keep track of who got what numbers, etc). I could probably use some help with that job for the first hour or two which will likely be the rush.

@adampottebaum@adampottebaum you asked about the raffle time - since the event goes from 11am - 3pm, I we will likely start raffling things off about 2:00 or thereabouts.

17. Ray/Jen_Reefin 2016 Vice President / 2015 Volunteer of the year.

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +459 / 5 / -0
    Myself and @Jen/Reefin@Jen/Reefin will be there in the am, we will be bouncing all over helping out. But have a commitment helping @jeremy@jeremy out setting up, and helping him threw the show.

18. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    Raffle Update! List in the #1 post updated!

As of right now we are going to raffle off well over $3000 worth of product!!!!

$100 worth of food from Aquarium Addictions
    VIP Passes to the Shedd Aquarium
    10 packs of LRS Reef Frenzy & 2 "Who's Your Daddy" XXL Shirts from LRS Frenzy Foods
    $250 Gift Certificate from Live Aquaria
    5 Multi-Packs from Rod's Food
    CORAL Magazine Subscriptions
    $50 Gift Certificates from Mind Blowing Corals (up to 4 of these)
    2 Sets of Reef Nutrition food packs (each set has 3 packs of pellet food and 6 bottles of liquid foods, $175 each set!)
    LED Light from Marineland
    Nano-tanks from Tetra
    Aquavitro products from Seachem
    Various products from Microbe-Lift
    BioKit Reef and Reef Nano packs from Prodibio
    Various products from saltwateraquarium.com
    2-part total package with dosers from Bulk Reef Supply
    Typhoon III RODI System from Air Water Ice
    L2 Rev 4 Algae Scrubber from Turbo's Aquatics

19. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    One additional note that I have just added:

Please note: All winners will be expected to allow their picture to be taken so that we may post a thank-you message to the generous donors who have provided these prizes!

• Noteworthy! Noteworthy! x 1
    • Uh oh! Not good! Uh oh! Not good! x 1
    • List
  20. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    @aussie@aussie why the "not good"? This is something we always strive to do (many donors request it actually). We just never have really stated it explicitly...didn't really think it was necessary