1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Now I REALLY don`t like my tunze 6045

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RobynT, Dec 28, 2007.

1. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have been disappointed in this product since I got it.  It doesn't move a lot of water and it's awkward to deal with in the way that it fits in it's "C" shaped holder.  I was using Koralia #4's prior to getting the Tunze but both Koralia's failed on me after about six months so I was reluctant to get another Koralia although I really liked their performance.
    Well, I just finished a water change and about every six weeks or so I take out the powerheads and clean those thoroughly too.  When I took the Tunze out of it's C shaped holder, the damn thing (the holder) cracked off.  I've got some glue on it now but I am doubtful that it will hold.  I guess I'll check out buying another holder but maybe not.  I really hate this powerhead. [​IMG]

2. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Robyn, sorry to hear that you're having problems with it. The older nanostreams came with bad clamps/holders. Go over to RC and send Roger a PM telling him what happened. He'll send out a new one to you right away at no cost.

I'm still on my original clamps and haven't had any problems with mine. But at least it's a known issue and it will be taken care of.

3. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I went and posted my problem on the Tunze forum on RC.  Within ONE MINUTE of posting, I had a response from a rep stating they have made improvements in the bracket and if I pm'd him my address he would send one ASAP.  I did exactly that and he responded almost instantly.     Awesome customer service!![​IMG]  Woo Hoo!

4. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am glad to say that I have never needed Roger's service after owning 1) wavebox 1) Multicontroller 1) 9010 skimmer, 1) 6080, 2)6100, 3)6025, 1)6045 and 1)6055 powerheads. If you do a search on Tunze service, you would be hard pressed to find anyone that was dissatisfied with him, though.

Anyway if you are unhappy with the flow, you should mod the cover of the pump to get more out of it. It won't be a drastic improvement but it will be better than what it is now. It takes all but 5 minutes with a dremel.

5. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Robyn

I had a problem with my 6101 because it was an early production run and Roger sent me a 320.00 replacement via 2nd day delivery NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

I still think the Tunze equipment is a bit on the pricey side but it sure is easier to swallow with awesome service like that!!!

Welcome to the Tunze club btw.....

eins

6. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I had a pump motor go out on a 6080, wrote him and had a new one within two days with two new clips for my 6045's (that weren't broke yet)....no questions

They are pricey but I've never had customer service like that anywhere.

7. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Wow, sounds like some really good customer service. Hard to find that kind of service anymore!