1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Fest [Nov 12, 2017] Fall Fest 2017! (Williamsburg, IA)

Discussion in '2017' started by Greater Iowa Reef Society, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I want to thank everyone that helped, I hope I don't forget anyone

@Pygmey@Pygmey for scouting out the venue, for storing the frozen food overnight and picking up the pop and plates/cups/etc

@Pygmey@Pygmey @Bigkidslittlekids@Bigkidslittlekids @jstngates@jstngates for helping with Saturday night setup

@Chief Reef@Chief Reef @stew@stew @ruggerkc@ruggerkc @Borky00@Borky00 for helping man the Community Table/Tank, there were probably a few others here that helped too

Members that helped the vendors move in Saturday night & Sunday morning

@Dave@Dave @Buku@Buku @xroads@xroads for bringing the meat dishes, I tried all of these!

@Maureen@Maureen @beckerj3@beckerj3 @xroads@xroads @Borky00@Borky00 @jstngates@jstngates @Newbie@Newbie for bringing the side dishes, I didn't get to try them all!!

@corey.nolta@corey.nolta for developing the Graphic Art / Advertisements, and for pushing them out on social media

All the GIRS Members and forum users that helped promote the event on social media

@beckerj3@beckerj3 @Dave@Dave @Sponge@Sponge @Jamie@Jamie @mattman319@mattman319 @Reef Deep@Reef Deep @Underwatergardeners@Underwatergardeners @mermaidscove@mermaidscove for bringing a great selection of livestock for everyone to choose from

@ruggerkc@ruggerkc @jstngates@jstngates @xroads@xroads for bringing your reefkeeping gear in to sell

@Bill Liebbe@Bill Liebbe for bringing the pods and for donating the T5 fixture for use on the Community Tank

Plus everyone who brought in frags for the Community Tank, the ones I remember were @CaseyChristnerkc22@CaseyChristnerkc22 @Borky00@Borky00 @ruggerkc@ruggerkc but I know there were a few others that brought frags but never posted in the thread about it - that tank was packed full of bags & cups! For anyone that either bought or sold frags through the community tank, I would most definitely like to hear some feedback!

Thanks also to the Ramada Staff, they were very helpful throughout the whole process. When we got there, the room was mostly set up, and the tables were draped and skirted. They even swapped out receptacles for new GFCIs prior to the event so that we had good plug connections & protected circuits! They really went above and beyond. Now, if they only would have allowed Craig to bring in his toaster oven....

I enjoyed chatting with everyone who stopped by, good to see all the familiar faces. You know someone's going to get back into the hobby eventually when they sell all their stuff and "get out" but then show up at a fest @erayk1@erayk1 and @LiLNicky@LiLNicky...we'll be seeing ya again soon :D:roflmao::woot:

2. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    You're welcome Bud! Thank you! Yes, the Ramada Staff was very helpful! Everyone seemed happy and enjoying themselves! Now, sign off, relax and get some rest!

3. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Looks like you had an awesome fest ,, just wish we could have made it up to it , already looking forward to SF

4. Speaking of, when and where is Spring Fest going to be?

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    We are working out a few details on that actually. Look for an announcement soon

6. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Oops. Didn't mean to not thank all the volunteers that helped set up, tear down, and throughout the show. I meant that it looked like most of the prep work was all done by you.