1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Not a Photo but better!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by got2lb, Dec 24, 2007.

1. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well I was going through some videos I had on my camcorder and found this one of my tank and thought you might all enjoy it.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Very nice, your tank looked great!

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey those tangs look familiar!! You are gonna be amazed on how much bigger they are now, especially the hippo.
    Nice video man! I want to post some of my videos i took with my new camera but im waiting on a firewire cable....

4. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    After watching the video on youtube it really sucks. The full res. is WAY BETTER, plus it kinda chopped the video for some reason, my camcorder records in widescreen and it chopped the ends off?

5. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I've had my camcorder for a year now and just finally got a stupid firewire cable. So now I can actually utilize it! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

6. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By got2lb on 12/24/2007 10:21 PM
    I've had my camcorder for a year now and just finally got a stupid firewire cable. So now I can actually utilize it! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif src="/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>
    Now you just need a tank! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif  Thanks for sharing.  It was a cool video of your old tank, too bad it had to come down.

7. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Posted By slovan on 12/24/2007 10:46 PM
    Now you just need a tank! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif" align="absmiddle" border="0">  Thanks for sharing.  It was a cool video of your old tank, too bad it had to come down.
    Some times you need to take a step backwards in order to go ahead! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

8. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm...that was a pretty profound statement. Almost like deep thoughts by Jack Handy. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

9. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yeah who would have thought it would come out of my mouth huh! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I think I work with that Jack handy guy! I think he has a cousin that works there too!   Stew Pidasso   You know him too? /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/cool.gif

10. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Pidasso....no, it doesn't ring a bell but I bet you've worked with Bill Brasky though. Everyone knows..BILL BRASKY! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

11. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Did someone say BILL BRASKY?? I love that son of a *****! He once punched a hole through a cow so he could see who was coming down the road!

12. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that sounds just like the BILL BRASKY I know!

13. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Heres a video i took with my new HD camcorder.  I hate you tube and their crappy compression but it works.
    Do the fish look familiar in this clip???

I just found a site that does HD video sharing, soon as i get a clip up there i'll let you compare.
    Enjoy!

14. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  15. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The quality in the second is way better, i wish i had a HD camcorder. BTW nice tank.

16. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    3 thumbs up on the HD.... looks like your clowns need to find and anemone... lol

17. FishNewb1

FishNewb1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i love the monti cap. Your HD is awsome...

18. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I think a lot of Jeremy's higher quality is coming from the site. Even the site he posted too still looks like it's compressing it quite a bit.  My video out of my camera looks better than the video posted on that site.   I assume it looks better on your computer than it does on the site?

What software are you using Jeremy to pull the video off the camcorder?

19. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Of course it looks better on the tv, vimeo compresses the crap out of it, just not as bad as you tube.

I use HDVSplit to capture and I am using Sony Vegas 8.0 for Editing, i just started learning it this week, the tutorials are great but i have a lot to learn.