1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Nominate 2009 GIRS Board of Directors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slovan, Oct 7, 2008.

1. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That link is to the nomination for president.........

3. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We are still looking for nominees for president. :)

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think the structure of GIRS is that the Board is composed of the officers unlike most corps where you have a Board of Directors that is elected and then the board appoints the officers. This sort of doubles the number of people it takes to run the organization which is not a good idea here.
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that may have been Fawns confusion. Or maybe I am just way confused myself. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

5. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for any confusion, I hope the details below will help clarify what we are doing. I posted this in a separate thread in the club members forum and then made an official nomination thread.

It's that time of the year again GIRS members! It's time to nominate and elect members to the GIRS Board of Directors. Normally, October is nomination month and elections following in November. However we are doing things differently this year. We will nominate and elect the President first and then the Vice President in the month of October.

After those two positions have been filled, they will decide on whether to keep the Treasurer and Secretary position as a combined job or split it up into two positions for 2009. After serving on the board for 2008, we found the need to have a dedicated secretary who can send out periodic newsletters to club members. Once this has been decided, we will fill in the regional trustee positions.

We have a lot of good things happening within the club. We are about to host the largest event http://fallfest.greateriowareefsociety.org/ by GIRS in November. We are financially sound and have a lot of new members joining all the time. Our website has become a great asset. It has been rebuilt, updated to the newest version and moved to a reliable server with minimal downtime. Plus it's supported by Oz(jbrunken)! With that being said, please step up and throw your hat in the ring if you would like to run for the positions! Feel free to ask any questions or you can contact the board at board@greateriowareefsociety.org

Please note, only GIRS members can be nominated and vote.