1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Newer addict in Clive

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mdk014, Aug 30, 2009.

1. mdk014

mdk014 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wanted to say "Hi" to everyone and thanks for having a great website and a way to network locally.
    I have a 90gal and the saltwater bug has bitten me. I am sure I'll have questions in the fututre. I'll get pictures loaded soon.
    2 clowns.
    1 naso tang
    1 blue hippo tang
    1 green mandarin
    1 red scooter
    1 red stripe cleaner shrimp
    5-6 blue leg hermits
    7 snails

2. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club. Looks like you have a really great start, how long have you had it set up? We love pics!

3. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do you have any coral yet?

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS! I work in Clive and we have a bunch of the Des Moines area meeting at my office behind Barr Bike on 86th. We are getting ready to post the fall calendar. If you haven't already please go to the Des Moines group and Join. This when we have events and announcements I will be able to contact you easily.
    Got to Community on the website menu above and select Interest Groups and then select Join group next to Des Moines.
    Again Welcome!

5. mdk014

mdk014 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    The coral look on the back of the tank is just a background. I'm probably going to change it to an all black or blue background. The large pink coral is a fake. I bought it at Adam's Aquatics to add a look to the tank. I'll have to take some new pics of the tank. I don't have any of the new additions. I do have a Zoo frag I added. That is now on the bigger purple rock in the picture. I also got a mushroom coral with about 4 -5 heads (?) (stalks?) coming off of it. it is attached to a piece of live rock. tank has been going for about 2 months now. [​IMG]

6. Brett Petland WDM

Brett Petland WDM Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it was great talking to you today hope u like ur new rock and anthelia. i finally got the 300 put back together after u made me tear it all apart haha
    any ?s give me a call on my cell and i will be glad to help u as much as i can. (515-371-0972) thank again Brett.  GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wait a second Brett, now you have gone wayyyy too far! GO BRETT FAVRE and the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!! You Packers have got to be lovin' this, I know I am!

8. Big John

Big John Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As a Packer fan, I think its great that the Vikings are using the "CASH FOR CLUNKERS PROGRAM" in aquiaring FAVRE!!!!
    ALL THE WAY WITH GREEN BAY!

9. mdk014

mdk014 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Brett! Got the rock and goodies in the tank and they are looking good. Thanks for the help today! I will be back often to see you I am sure. Packers?! Ugh. I thought you had been converted to Da Bears.