1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

newby

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nick, Dec 1, 2007.

1. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i am nick from cr. Partick reffered me to the club. I work at pets playhouse. I am about done with my tank still need some more live rock, lights, and calcium reactor which will come with taxes. I have reffered several customers to this site and i see some of them in pictures on the site. I will pry be joing for the new year and look forward to talking and dealing with everyone in the club. If you have stopped in the store you know i like to talk and pretty much get along with everyone

2. nick

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    sorry i forgot i am running a 75g with a 30 sump w built in refg, a coral life super skimmer, and a 18w turbo twist uv and i am waiting on my 150w hqi coral life lights and still trying to pick out a calcium reactor i have been running the tank with some live rock and a mandarin goby for about 8 months talk about a slow setup process huh

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Cool nice to see you. I stopped down there about a year ago & really liked that store. I didnt even know it was there, just happened to be driving down the road. I was planning on stopping in the next few weeks. I'll look you up.

Welcome again
    Craig

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Heya Nick,
    It's great to have someone around that works at Pet's Playhouse.     I stop in there quite a bit and it's a really good store.   We're lucky to have one like it right here in CR.
    -JB

5. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Welcome aboard! Always nice to have new people around.

Not sure if you saw it or not but they're planning a tank tour down in the CR area. I'm sure you're more than welcome to tag along and check out some tanks with us and meet a few people in the area.

Here's the link with more details: http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/site/Community/DiscussionForums/tabid/78/forumid/8/postid/1719/view/topic/Default.aspx

6. nick

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    thank you everybody, unfortunately it takes me awhile with names. the tank tour sounds fun thank you but i have everyother weekend off and i get to work that one. one quik question, how often do meeting take place and when i got alot of messed up hours

7. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    welcome to GIRS

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i wan tto do the tank tour in cr when is it and whoes going from davenport ill drive

9. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the board Nick!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS Nick, it's a great club, good people.  I'm sure you'll enjoy your self.

11. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm a little late on this.....but WELCOME to GIRS. Looking forward to having you around.

We have a clubwide meeting coming up in Jan, hope you can make it.

einsteins