1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Newbie LR help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guest, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I am in the process of starting a 30g reef, and am at the point where i am ready to purchase live rock. I've read up a ton but am looking for a local opinion (cedar falls, cedar rapids) on how to acquire some LR.

Any recommendations of websites or opinions on emporium in CF or Pet's Playhouse in CR?

(I live in CF but am from CR)

I am not aiming too high on my first tank, i just want to eventually do some fish (perc clown) and a few beginner corals.

i have all my equipment ready, coralife 130w, powerhead, koralia, seeded LS.

This is a wonderful site and I hope to hear back.

Thanks.

2. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have ordered live rock from both Premium Aquatics, and Pacific East Aquaculture. I was really happy with the rock from both places.

www.premiumaquatics.com
    www.pacificeastaquaculture.com

Good luck!
    Anna /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the site!  I am located in Evansdale and probably have some LR in my sump i could part with for pretty cheap.
    Let me know if your interested and we can work out the details.
    Jeremy

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    LR is usually petty cheap. I have a ton in my sump about $3 a pound. Watch the forums as usually someone decided to get out about once a month.