1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Newbe from Camanche, IA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Newbeme, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Newbeme

Newbeme Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, First off nice site.
    My name is Al and I'm sort of new to the hobby, starting my tank back in October. I have a 75g tank that has two year old live rock and sand that I got from a buddy of mine when he moved up to a 140g. I kind of got a jump start in the hobby before getting my tank by watching and learning a lot from his mistakes. I attended the frag swap in Bettendorf  this past fall and was quite impressed. I'm planning on joining the club in the near future (April'ish) when my work schedule slows down a little.

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS!

There must be a few tanks in that area. I bought my first 125 setup from a guy that lived there. Glad that you enjoyed Fall Fest, hopefully we will be doing the same thing this year only maybe a bit bigger.

If you need help with anything, this is the place to ask... Lots of great people around here.

Again, welcome to GIRS.

-JB

3. JByrd

JByrd

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS!!!!!!! I am right across the river from you in Fulton, there is 3 others that I know of in the area that also have reefs ( I know there are more). Would be glad to help you out in anyway...

4. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club, Al. If you have any questions in the future ask away. There's a lot of really experienced reefers in this club.

5. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! I think you will find the website a valuable resource for any of your questions.