1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New Zoas Opening?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jag3365, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Jag3365

Jag3365

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    have a quick question on Zoas.  I just purchased some small frags of green and pink zoas last Thursday.  Acclimated them to the tank and they seem to only half open up.  When picking them out at the LFS they were fully opened and bright, in my tank they seem to only barely show their true potential.  Been in the tank a few days now and was wondering if this is a normal thing that may happen, taking awhile to fully open.
    Currently the tank parameters are normal, checked all tests twice.  The lighting is however a little stronger in my tank as I have 2 150W MH along with some PCs (In a 65 gal), and the original tank had just a couple PCs.  Have 2 modded Maxi Jet 900s blowing around the tank along with sump return for flow.  My clam and other mushrooms have been flourishing in the tank for months.  Also the clown pair and Fire Shrimp I picked up along with the corals are having a great time. 

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They should open up more before too long. They have to get used to the new lighting plus water conditions.

3. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just keep them lower in your tank and they should be fine

4. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just give them time. I have a rock of zoas that didn't open up fully for about a month. Now there are growing like weeds.