1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New trustee needed in Waterloo

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by xroads, Jun 1, 2008.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    My house suffered extensive damage Friday from the flash flood we had.  7 1/2 inches of rain did us in.  My finished basement went from dry to 7 ft deep in 5 minutes.  Needless to say everything down there is ruined including the tanks, furnace, carpet, drywall, furniture, etc.  The tanks were starting to look good too!
    I wont be able to devote the time needed now so can someone step up & take over for me.  Contact Billy if you are interested.
    Thx
    Craig

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Holy crap craig that really sucks man!!! Let me know if you need some help over there.

3. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Sorry to hear that, if you need anything feel free to call

4. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh no!! Hope you are able to fix the problem for future rains.

5. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Dang Craig sorry to hear that. I knew you guys were getting a lot of water that way. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask!

6. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Craig

I am really sorry to hear about your place. If you need some help with anything let me know.

Billy

7. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Thanks for your thoughts, it is worse then you could ever imagine. We just just got the last of the sheetrock out today
    & sprayed everything down with bleach.

We had the backfill in the back at the old record high. Well you know what they say about rules & records. Once we get the
    retaining wall for the basement wall done the back fill will be brought up another 5 feet & we will be safe.

8. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    any pics u want to share with u, if you need help i can

9. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I thought I would let you guys know what I found out today.
    I call Casey to ask him about getting out to my in-law that live by him.

He said that he has not been to his house but I doesn't think that he has a reef tank anymore.
    then tonight I drove out there thru a lot of water to get my sister in law back to civilization, and I drove by his house but I could only get about 500 feet from it.

10. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All of this flooding and the tornado's are just unbelievable.  I cannot imagine what you all are dealing with.  If there is anything I can do, just say it.