1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New to the hobby

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Dan, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Dan

Dan Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm new to the hobby and I am setting up a 75 gal. reef tank.  I was just wondering if anyone had live rock that they are willing to sell?  Also, I am looking for a 48" light strip, preferably metal halides.  I would like to grow mainly SPS's in my tank.  I'm located in the Cedar Rapids area.  If anyone could help me out that'd be great!  Thanks

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS!

We are having our FallFest event next week (in Bettendorf) and IceCap will be selling their lighting fixtures at very discounted rates (and we'll be giving one away in the raffle) so if you don't find one used, you might be able to get a great deal on one at the event.

I haven't seen anyone in the CR area with extra live rock for sale, but if you keep your eyes open, someone will most likely have some for sale. It's fairly common. Also, BoBo's on Mt Vernon road has some pretty nice rock for sale at $6 per lb which is a great price for retail.

-JB

3. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS!
    Please feel free to ask any questions that come to mind, we are here to help. I guarantee we can save you money and headaches.