1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New to QC Area

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mary, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Mary

Mary Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Everyone, I'm new to the QC area (Camanche) and moved my 29 Gal Nano down from Milwaukee yesterday.  I currently have only 2 fish  a PJ cardinal and a chromie and a colt coral.  I did have a beautiful collection of assorted candy canes, pagodas a few zoas but the person taking care of the tank (son who is also a reefer) apparently just fed the fish and did nothing else...
    Does anyone have experience with Aquatic  Environments in Davenport?  I need snails (yep they are gone too)  and a better pump to pump water from mixing tank to nano.  The one i purchased just isn't strong enough... 
    Thank you
    Mary

2. jsprague

jsprague

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome!  I bought a couple good pumps for transferring water from harbor freight(on Kimberly RD).  It has a ceramic shaft and its like 295gph. Its on sale for $14.  Also the best place Ive found to buy snails is Sea of Marvels in North Liberty.  They sell a dozen snails or crabs for $10.   

3. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Mary!
       A/E is a great store (one of the best In the state that I have visited to date) they are very knowledgeable, have quality products, and stand behind what they sell.
    Glad to get more members in the Q/C. This club has alto of great members and allot of knowledge, so don't be afraid to ask questions.
    Thanks and again welcome!!

4. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the site, Mary.

Like said above, A/E is one of the most top notch stores I have visited also. There's always a handful of staff there willing to help.

5. Mary

Mary Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Great to hear!  Thank you!  I'm going to head down there today. 
    Mary

6. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the area!

7. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Mary,

Welcome to GIRS!

AE is a great store. One of the only ones in Iowa that "gets it" when it comes to the saltwater hobby.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a lot of club activity in the QC area this year because we don't currently have a trustee that lives in the area to help organize things.

We will however be having our "Fall Fest" event in Davenport on November 14th. Last year we had about 250 people attend, so it's a big deal. We'll post more info as the event gets closer.

-JB