1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New to Iowa

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chi-Town Reefer, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Chi-Town Reefer

Chi-Town Reefer Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just wanna say hello to all the fellow reefers, here in the state of Iowa. I recently graduated from college in Chicago and got a job here in the Des Moines area. I have recently disassembled my old 40 gallon reef tank (running for 3 years) and will be starting a nano tank for the time being. Pictures and a build thread will be coming up soon.
    If anyone wants to just say hello, ask a question, or grab a beer....feel free to email or PM anytime.

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the site. I look forward to your pics and build thread. The Des Moines area has a number of really nice tanks and great people...keep an eye out for local events in your area. Again, welcome to the site!

--AJ

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey welcome to Iowa & the site.

How about them Bears & Cubs!

4. Chi-Town Reefer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Go Bears!! I am excited to see exactly where Cutler will take us this season.

However, I'm gonna be completely honest....I am a Sox fan.

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Posted By Chi-Town Reefer on 07/20/2009 05:12 PM
    Go Bears!! I am excited to see exactly where Cutler will take us this season.
    Yes it should be a good year.  I hope Mangini can do something with the D line
    However, I'm gonna be completely honest....I am a Sox fan.
    Man, & here I thought we could be friends.

6. Chi-Town Reefer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am a little uneasy with Marinelli, he did just get off a win-less season with the Lions. He hasn't won a game since 2007, so I hope he doesn't bring that kind of mentality to the Bears.

With baseball, I grew up in a White Sox home and have been a fan ever since. If you don't believe me, ask my EX-Girlfriend (she was a Cubs fan....found out too late).

7. cbort

cbort Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i too am a sox fan! But i do have a soft spot for the cubs.