1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

NEW subscription system now active!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waverz, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I am pleased to announce the new subscription system.  We have grown quite a bit in the last few years and it has gotten to be quite a choir keeping track of all of you and when you paid your dues.  I am pleased to say that the load has been lightened and we are now using a new "high-tech" way of keeping track of everyone.  If you will notice up on the right hand of your screen there is a new tab called the "join girs" tab.  There are 2 options here,  The first is the electronic option, this is our perffered method of payment.  By using this you will not only get almost instant access to the members only area of the page but it will automatically keep track of the date you joined.  This will make it easier for the board to keep track of everyones dues as well as get a solid member list together.
    Last year we had a slight issue with keeping track, basically what happened was we had too many forms of payments and things were unorganized so we had no idea when or who exaclty paid.  What we have decided to do to keep things fair is take everyone who paid their dues in the 4th quarter of this year and bump them up to "paid status" for the entire year of 2008.  We are going to ask everyone if at all possible to please try and pay your dues in between now and Jan. 31st 2008.  By doing this, it will help us keep track of when peoples dues are due and be a lot easier to manage, especially since we are trying to double our current membership this year if we all pay at the same time it will be much easier to track.  If you can't pay your dues in January that is fine, the subscription system will keep track of when you paid no matter when you pay.
    Next, we have the other method of payment.  We are going to ask that all payments that are not paid electronically have a membership form along with payment weither it be check or money order.  This was also another huge problem last year.  So be sure to do that and not just give your $20 to a board member or trustee without it, YOU MUST HAVE THE MEMBERSHIP FORM WITH THE PAYMENT.
    As you may have noticed we have decided to drop the student and family memberships this year, we feel that a $20 fee is appropriate weither it be a single person, whole family, or significant other. 
    The system is now active, you may make your payments at anytime but they will not be counted till after the first.
    If you have any further questions please feel free to go ahead and either post here or send me a PM.
    Thanks for your time.
    Jeremy Meyer
    GIRS Secretary/Treasurer

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what would we do without you.

3. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Falter and ultimately fail.

But thank GAWD we have souls like Jeremy to keep us roguish types in line. ;-)

4. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just used it to send my 2008 dues....

Worked Flawlessly!

Nice work everyone who contributed to this much more efficient method.

eins

5. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did too! Thanks for making it easy to sign up! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

6. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well I guess I'm official for another year! I just payed up! WOO HOO /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif I like the new system and how easy it is. Maybe next year we can figure out a way for this to go to work for me and make the money to pay the dues as well! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/cool.gif

7. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I liked the new system, it sure made it easy!   Great Job Jeremy!!

8. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it needs a staples button

9. PotRoast

PotRoast Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Can someone tell me who to send my $20.00 to?

I've already gotten $20.00 of advice on this board, and I haven't even started yet.

Thanks.

10. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0