1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New Member-trying to find info on posting pictures

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by acrouse, Apr 22, 2009.

1. acrouse

acrouse

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello-New member to GIRS and am exploring the website. I am trying to find information on how to post pictures in a reply.  Is there information somewhere that I am overlooking?  Thanks for any information.
    jolene

2. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok it is simple. Just set up a photobucket account (it is free and simple) upload your pics then copy think link and paste it in the post that you are doing. Just that simple. Shaun

3. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    There is a very good explanation in the discusion forums under the photo forum.

4. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is also a photo gallery on the GIRS site you can use. Click on the "Community" tab the photo gallery, then add new photos. After they are uploaded you will need to copy and paste the photos address by right clicking on the photo and selecting properties. Then you need to add the opening and closing tags to the link so it looks like this: [img ]http://www.yourpictureaddress.com/filename.jpg[ /img] Only without the spaces in the tags.
    But that sounds really confusing. To make it easier I would recommend what Reddog said and set up a free photobucket account @ http://www.photobucket.com Upload your pics there and use the already coded address and tags.  (The one on the very bottom where it says IMG Code) Hope that helps and doesn't confuse you more.
    If you have any questions don't be shy on asking.

5. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  6. acrouse

acrouse

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all very much!

jolene