1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New member...my 29g biocube!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rathje70, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Rathje70

Rathje70 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I am a new member here on GIRS and I can't beleive I did not join sooner!
    I
    am from the Cedar Rapids area and go to college in Dubuque. I have been
    hauling around this 29g biocube back and forth with me and am about
    ready to move it back, here are a few pictures of my tank.....
    It will be nice meeting you all and I appreciate all of your help, feel free to ask any questions!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Rathje70

Rathje70 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here are some updated pictures of my biocube about a month after the move..... Enjoy and let me know what you think!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks!

3. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great job! Looks really nice, and welcome to the club. We'll half to get you on a tank tour so we can see it in person.

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice update pics. What's that sps in the 2nd pic? I like it a lot! You may want to consider throwing a few peppermint shrimp in there; looks like they have some food waiting for them. Great looking tank!

--AJ

5. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Great lookin' BC man! I am working on getting mine stocked, I just got fish, coral is next. Are you running a skimmer? How big is that Vortech?

6. smw0522

smw0522 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks great! I also have a 29g biocube and currently have 2 clownfish and one firefish. I'm looking to add another fish that would work well in a 29g and like the looks of some of yours. Can you give a list of which kinds you have. Thanks!!

7. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Man that is a sweet tank with a ton of stuff in it.

I really like the mandarin

8. Rathje70

Rathje70 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I run the vortech mp20 on my tank at 100% on reefcrest mode. I also do run a Tunze 9002 skimmer. Those are two of my most important equipment in my opinion. My stock list is two occelaris clownfish, golden wrasse, and a purple pseudochromis. Thanks for all of the nice replies, I cannot wait for it to fill in!

Thanks,
    Rathje70

9. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Man how do you keep your sand down running your MP20 at 100% ?

I have my MP10 on about 50% Lagoon mode and it blows sand all over the place.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I too run an MP20 100% both in Reefcrest and Lagoon modes. I have it placed maybe 3 or so inches below waterline, with no sand issues. I am using sugarfine sand. It shifted the sand obviously, but once it sorta found its niche overnight the sand was pretty solid. During that time and still now it never blew the sand into the watercolumn.

I would ask what kind of sand are you using? How long has the sand had to establish a good bacteria community? Where are you placing the pump in reference to waterline and sandbed?

11. champ23

champ23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sweet BC, your corals and fish go together nicely.

12. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey Champ! LTNS

13. champ23

champ23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whats been up Jeremy? I'm thinking about setting up another nano for awhile, just checking everything out again...

14. waterfowler

waterfowler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice looking tank!!!

15. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My sand has actually settled and am running at about 75%. I have OOlite sand, it's pretty fine. I just added another 10 lbs or so and I think it is finally starting to hold together. That and I moved the pump up towards the top of the tank a little.