1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New member from des Moines area

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kyle, Oct 17, 2008.

1. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [color=#006400>Hi everyone, I'm from just south of Des Moines and have a new 24 gal nano tank I haven't set up yet.Still debating whether it will be too difficult to handle or if I can manage it. Pros....cons ..etc, I love reef tanks..but need to get my feet wet. [img]http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/satisfied.gif[/img]Hi everyone, I'm from just south of Des Moines and have a new 24 gal nano tank I haven't set up yet.Still debating whether it will be too difficult to handle or if I can manage it. Pros....cons ..etc, I love reef tanks..but need to get my feet wet.

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS.  There's tons of knowledgeable people on here to help you with any questions.
    A good book for you to check out is the Nano-Reef Handbook.   The good thing about having a smaller tank like that is the smaller water changes and less of a hassle.  Just have to change the water more often.

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey welcome to GIRS,

There are a ton of really nice tanks in Des Moines that belong to some very knowledgaeble reefers.

They are having a couple of get togethers in the next month, you can check it out in the Des Moines forums.

GL on the nano, they can be really cool.

Craig

4. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just an update, since my first post I have an established 14 gal nano thats up and full, guess I now HAVE to get the 29 up and going!! LOL

5. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Welcome to Girs!

This club is a great source of info for all you're questions.

6. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey Kyle it was nice meeting you this weekend. I hope it was worth the drive from Des Moines.

7. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks everyone.
    Xroads, yes it was definately worth the drive. When corals in Des Moines sell for $89 for the same things I paid $15 at the fest. Oh yes it was well worth it. Had a great time meeting new people in the club too. :)

8. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Kyle,
    Was nice to meet you this weekend.  See you at future events!
    --AJ

9. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AJ,

Was nice meeting you too!We share a common interest, zoas and nano's ! LOL

:)