1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New Member - Des Moines

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by FlyingMoray, Aug 24, 2009.

1. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, My name is Joe Stuetelberg.  I was a meber a few years back and sold all of my stuff.  I'm back and in the process of setting up a 75gal reef tank.  Right now I am in need of a light and would rather purchase something used instead of new.  If anybody has anything laying around let me know.
    I hope to see many of you around at upcoming events.  I will be looking for frags, etc. very soon!
    Thanks!

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Joe, welcome to the GIRS site....or maybe I should say welcome back... Sounds like your setting up just in time to get stocked up at Fall Fest. Keep an eye on the Buy/Sell forum and I'm sure you'll find a light. I've seen a fair number of them on there lately.

--AJ

3. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, thanks! I was thinking that as well. Haha. I will keep my eyes out there thanks.

4. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Check ebay - USER currentusa
    They are direct from Current and a very good price, the fixtures have been refurbished. I have purchased from them twice and couldn't be happier.

http://shop.ebay.com/currentusa/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Welcome to GIRS!

5. fmsill Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Joe i have a 72 inch corallife aqualight but i think its to long for your tank but not sure. I also have a mega flow 4 wet dry fillter ive been thinking of selling as well. If interested let me know. Bye the way welcome to the club!
    Brian

6. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    gb387 Thanks for the link. Those are some really good deals. I finally found a 48" tek light for sale on rc and bought it up.
    fmsil Yeah, the 72" fixture would be too big for my tank. Thanks though. I really wish i could take that sump from you but I think that it is too big for my tank as well.

Update...

I picked up some rock from a member here and am in need of another ~30ish pounds. I picked up a 12" snowflake eel for free from a local guy that needed to get rid of it so my tank now has something more than rock and sand in it.

I can try to post pictures of the setup sometime soon.

7. mdk014

mdk014 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would recommend the Current Usa lights on Ebay. They shipped fast and looked brand new. So far so good and they are very bright!