1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New member, Cedar Rapids

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AJ, Oct 17, 2008.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone.  My name is Aaron Johnson and I live on the southwest side of Cedar Rapids.  I'm 35 and do IT work for AEGON.  As far as my history with aquariums, I've had a number of tanks in the past, but never a serious saltwater tank (I had one a number of years ago but did not have the proper equipment so it never looked good and I didn't know how to maintain it).   I've had at least one aquarium set up for 10 of the last 20 years.  I bought a JBJ 12 gallon Nano Cube DX from a local seller and I plan on setting that up.  I've been reading a lot and I plan on doing the initial setup this weekend.  I have 20 lbs of wet bagged argonite and I went to Bo bo's today and bought about 10 lbs of live rock that he's holding onto for me.  I must say, I was really impressed with the live rock and livestock that Bobo's has.  I'll probably wait a month or so before adding fish, but really, I want to do more with soft corals and anemonies than fish anyway.  I look forward to meeting others who have established tanks and can give me information on how to make mine successful.  I'm planning on attending the tank tour this weekend with a friend of mine who is also setting up a new saltwater tank.
    The website looks great and seems to be an excellent collaboration tool.  I look forward to meeting everyone.
    Aaron

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club.  The tank tour should be great and you should try to make it to the fall fest.  If the rock you'll be getting is cured, you would be able to get some things there you'd like.

3. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to meeting you Sunday!  Directions are here!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS Aaron! It's cool to hear that you're getting into saltwater... Reef tanks are pretty addictive!

-JB

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds great.  Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  And REEFer Madness, thanks for the book recommendation the other day in chat.  I ordered it and it should be here on Tuesday.
    --Aaron

6. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Aaron!

Maybe I'll see you at AEGON sometime in the future... Probably not, but I start my internship in January.

7. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcom to Girs, Aaron