1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New Member - Ankeny IA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ryan3449, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Ryan3449

Ryan3449 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    I would like to introduce myself and I want to thank you all for starting this website (I've been missing so much wihout even knowing it).  I live in Ankeny, I have a 65 gallon reef, and I have been doing it for about 5 years.  I started the hobby in college (UNI), since then I have moved 4 or 5 times in that time so it has been VERY difficult to keep up "appearances".  
    I realize that I am new but if anyone in the area has small frags to part with I would be more than willing to take them off your hands/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif for money.  I would of course be willing to trade but something tells me that most people wouldn't be interested in what I have: brown polyps (got frags) and striped metallic mushrooms (which I will have to learn how to frag).  I HAD a bubble tip and colt but they didn't survive the last move.
    I am looking forward to the the frag swap at the zoo next month and I want to say thank you to all the people who work on getting it organized.  I am very excited about was this site can offer to me and hopefully what I can offer to it.

2. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Welcome and glad to see you found us!  Your best bet for corals coming up is probably going to be the frag swap.
    There's quite a few people around the Des Moines area, they have their own sub forum HERE
    It looks like they're in the process of planning a get together yet this month.  You may want to check it out  HERE
    There a lots of people here with quite a bit of knowledge so feel free to ask lots of questions and we'll help you out the best we can!

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ryan,

Welcome to GIRS!

-JB

4. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS - glad you found us.

There are definitely people in the area that have frags, and since the frag swap is only a couple weeks away you should probably wait until then because there will be people attending from all over the state with stuff to sell.

We do get together about once a month in the DM area - so definitely try to make it to one of our gatherings!

There are a lot of Ryan's though - so don't be too surprised if anyone calls you Ryan #4

5. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Ryan

Glad to see you are with us...looking forward to meeting you at the swap!!

We have live chat every sunday at about 7pm here at our website (under the community tab) stop in and talk reefs with us. Monday evening seem popular in the chat room also....hope to see you there!

einsteins

6. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    welcome to GIRS

7. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good Lord, another Ryan! Welcome Ryan, #4, is it?!

8. Ryan3449

Ryan3449 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks all for the welcome.
    Ryan # 4

9. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Ryan #4, welcome to GIRS! Glad you found us and I hope you'll take advantage of all the club has to offer. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

10. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He is just Ryan #4 in the DSM area...I think there is at least 1 more in the IAC area...

Welcome. And don't mind Sone...everyone thinks he's wierd...er I mean, Sone is cool.

11. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By ZLTFUL on 03/17/2008 12:19 PM
    Welcome. And don't mind Sone...everyone thinks he's wierd...er I mean, Sone is cool.Ryan #4, don't mind Ryan #3.  He's just uncomfortable with his new role of being the middle child. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif   Mr. West, go bake some cake!

12. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is more than enough time for cake...