1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New LFS (returning LFS)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaun, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Everyone
    I Just got home from visiting Coralville Bay in Coralville at its new location 1 block south of Wlagreens on the coralville strip.  He is still working on setting up his tanks, but the store is coming along nicely.  He is planning on having livestock within a month just nothing live right now.
    The owner Ed Fisher is interested in working and getting involved with GIRS.  Maybe we can make this a stop on the Tank tour. Not sure on the hours but here is the phone number (319)341-3474.
    Shaun

2. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    sweet that use to be one of my favorite shops.
    -Bill

3. varner

varner

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    wondered if he was going to open again after the flood? cant wait to see the new place.

4. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Great! Nice to get a bonus store when I drive to IC to Sea of Marvels. Thanks for the info.

5. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    His shop was one of my favorites! Glad to see he's back. Is he over by that new bank and the asian food place?Thought I saw his truck over there

6. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes he is. Like I said he has no livestock yet but it is coming. He has equiptment for sale and is ready to talk with people. I just stopped by to see the new store and talked for over an hour. He is putting together a great store.

7. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    I'll be in town tomorrow and i'll be sure to go see edd. I am glad he did not call it quits after the flood.I was wondering if he was going to open back up.For those that have never been to the old coral bay it was a totaly clean shop. I'm sure the new one will be even better!

8. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ill agree with bill on that i loved visiting his old store bought some of my fancy guppies from there. yes i had a fancy guppy tank hahaha. We were glad to hear he was going to reopen considering everything that happened to him during the flood and everything he lost. And Varner you are using my name

9. rvarner

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Guess I'm guilty of that, too.

10. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Stoped in and talked to Edd today and his new shop is comeing along very nicely.They are just now geting the tanks in so it will probaly be a little wile before there is any good salt stuff.Edd lost his last shop and apartment in the flood and no he did not have insurance. So he is starting over from scratch and needs our business and support!

-Bill

11. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Like I said before, Why cant we make a stop by while doing the tour and let him know we are all behind him and give everyone a chance to check out the progress of his new store and see how things are coming. shaun

12. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Man, no insurance. That sucks.

13. varner

varner

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    fnvarner looks like im guilty didnt make mine as fancy as yours though just a plain old varner.

14. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i didnt think of it, i have used fnvarner since middle school, do you have family around here

15. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I stopped in to Coralville Bay today, and the shop is looking great! The dry goods section is much bigger than in the previous store, and there are tons of tanks waiting to be filled up - I'm really excited to see the livestock section up and running! We stopped in to see how it was coming along, and also hoping to get some medium Formula 1 pellet food, and an MJ400 for my kalk reactor (impeller broke Friday). They had the food in stock, but didn't have an MJ400, but he told me he'd have some in on Wednesday, and asked if I would like him to put one on hold for me. I told him that I really needed one today if possible for my kalk reactor, and he said "oh let me see if I've got a used one for you to use until the new ones come on Wednesday!". He found one for me in less than a minute, and offered to let me take it, and just pay for the new pump on Wednesday when it came in. I was so impressed with his helpfulness, and desire to help me get the reactor back up and running today - you really can't ask for better customer service than that! I'm so thrilled that he is coming back bigger and better after the devastation from the flood last year!

Anna :)

16. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, he's a super nice guy. I really liked his old shop! Can't wait to stop by the new one.