1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New here.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ckoeppel, Feb 10, 2009.

1. ckoeppel

ckoeppel Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all!  I am new to the forums and wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Chris and I have been keeping salt water for about ten years.  I live outside of Cedar Rapids and currently have a 110 Gallon reef tank built into my wall.  I worked as a zookeeper at the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha for a few years before moving here.  I breed reptiles and have a company with a partner called Headhunter Reptiles.  I am hoping to get to know a few of you and share ideas.  I will post pics of the tank as soon as I can.  It is an acrilic tank with two homeade wave maker/surges.  A back up hard plumbed external pump.  A twenty gallon trickle filter that spills into a 150 gallon sump where my skimmer sits.  I run two 400W halides and flourescent actenics.  I keep your basic soft corals and some stoney, but the tank works a lot better with sps due to the high water flow and low temps.  (I struggle to keep the tank warm year round due to it being in the basement.) [​IMG]  Hit me up if you have any questions!

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS!

-JB

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS. There's a club get together on Thursday in CR which would be a great time to meet people. Hope to see you there.

--AJ

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Sounds like an awesome set up, nice to have your experience here.

5. ckoeppel

ckoeppel Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks everyone!   I hope to make it, but I'm not sure work will allow.  Sounds fun though.

6. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome!

7. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Chris Koeppel, you graduate from CF high by chance in 97?

8. jwess

jwess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whats up Chris. Nice to see you on the site.
    Josh

9. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Always nice to meet other reefers in the area.

10. ckoeppel

ckoeppel Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sure did Got2lb.  You must have too?

11. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    small world
    My sister grad in 96 laura mahncke
     and brother in 98 mike "bubba" mahncke
    Welcome

12. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yep, Matt Behrends /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

13. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    It is a small world  I didn't realize you were related to them, I actually knew bubba pretty good.

14. ckoeppel

ckoeppel Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Geez!  It's like a class reunion on here!  It's nice to already be able to put faces to some of you guys.  What do you have set up Matt?  Josh,  how's your tank doing?

15. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I actually sold off my tank about a year ago before we had the last kid. Was planning on getting back into it this spring when my wife finished up school but unfortunately I think the economy is about to give me a big kick in the teeth so I don't think that's going to happen now. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

16. Iamaxxer

Iamaxxer Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome...Reptiles?

17. ckoeppel

ckoeppel Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep reptiles.  Mostly Australian pythons, but some chameleons as well.  Check out our website.  headhunterreptiles.com  It would be interesting to see what some of you reefers think./DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif