1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New Guy from Madison, WI

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mark, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Mark

Mark Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know a few of you from frag swaps and RC but wanted to say hi and that I am looking forward to meeting everyone at the FallFest.  I will be bringing some of my best stuff down for the swap and I will also be looking to pick up some new things.  I am admittedly fussy when it comes to trades but if you have something thats unusual and/or amazing, pm me....I know from past trades with GIRS members I wont be coming home disappointed :)
    Anyway, about me.  33 YO, native of Upstate New York.  I have been in the hobby both recreationally and professionally for 20+ years now, starting out when liverock was basically a new concept /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif  and aiptasia was a cool thing to find in your tank.  I have pretty much done everything from coldwater public aquarium displays, carribean biotopes, high end sps setups, mixed reefs and everything freshwater from koi to guppies to natives etc etc.  I spent 8 years as a curator at a living museum with a substantial aquatic section so I got to get my feet wet with exhibit design and fabrication that way.  10 years later I am a full blown reef addict 1000 miles from the ocean.  I am heavily into LPS corals, especially the new Australian things but I can pretty much find space for anything cool in my tanks.  My family moved recently and so I am still in the planning stages for a new LPS display (and all my corals are in frag tanks).  I have a 120 SPS display in my basement that is just getting started.  Oh yeah, I am a total sucker for exotic fish.  If its unusual, I pretty much have either had it, wanted it or have it now :)

2. Mark

Mark Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah, I forgot...I like beer. Wheres the drinking going to be at Friday night?

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Welcome, I look forward to meeting you & checking out your stuff.

I am setting up a 250 LPS only tank. I dont think it will be coral ready by the swap so I will have to check out your inventory & call you later.

Sounds like you have a ton of good experience. What kind of really cool fish do you have?

Not sure where the beer drinking will be yet but I am sure there will be a post on it.

4. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Mark!!! Great to have someone with so much experience and cool coral be a part of our swap :)

5. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello there. You have some really nice stuff.

6. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I remember getting frags from you at rockford (a friend picked them up for me). Glad you can make it to the swap, I look forward to checking out what you have.

7. Mark

Mark Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By xroads on 10/29/2008 01:38 PM
    Welcome, I look forward to meeting you & checking out your stuff.
    I am setting up a 250 LPS only tank. I dont think it will be coral ready by the swap so I will have to check out your inventory & call you later.
    Sounds like you have a ton of good experience. What kind of really cool fish do you have?
    Not sure where the beer drinking will be yet but I am sure there will be a post on it.
    250 LPS [​IMG] wish I had the space.  That should be fun.
    My current fish list is:
    Swissguard Basslet
    Wrasse Bass
    R.S. Sailfin
    Desjardini
    Flamefin Tang
    Quintuplet of Blue-eye Cardinals
    Flame Wrasse Trio
    Striatus Tang
    Potter's Wrasse
    Christmas Wrasse
    Bellus Angel
    Peppermint Hogfish
    Mystery Wrasse
    Blue Lyretail Goby
    Pair of Reidi Seahorses
    Hawaiian Racoon B'fly
    Molly Miller Blenny
    Pair Black Saddle Clowns
    Pair Onyx Clowns
    Pair True Percs
    Pair Potter's Angels
    In four different tanks!

8. Mark

Mark Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for all the welcomes and compliments folks, I am really looking forward to this weekend. I am only bummed my wife and kiddo cant come.

9. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS, Mark! What's going on this weekend? Fall Fest isn't for another 3 weeks. [​IMG]  Ha ha ha, see you there!

10. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Mark. Those pics on your other post looked really nice!