1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New Forum Features

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JB, Sep 18, 2008.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to let everyone know about a couple of new forum features that we've added recently.
    1) Question Topics.   When you post a new topic, you now have the option of marking it as a question by selecteing "Not Resolved" in the "Topic Status" box in the upper right corner of the topic post screen..  If you mark the post as "Not Resolved", you will have the opportunity to mark any reply as being the correct answer.   When you view the list of topics in the forum, any unresolved topics will have a question mark next to them in the topics list.   Resolved topics will have a checkbox.
    2) The forum now has a "points" system to encourage participation.   The "post info" area on the left side of a forum post now shows the users current number of points.   Different activitys on the forum will give you different numbers of points.   For example, here's how points are currently awarded:
    Posting a New Topic: 3 points
    Replying to a Topic: 1 point
    Providing the answer to an unresolved topic: 8 points
    Marking a post as the correct answer to an unresolved topic: 5 points

Points can also be awarded (or deducted) by admins when they see fit.   What will the most points get you besides bragging rights?   Well, that's still TBD, but I'm sure the BOD will come up with something.
    3) You can now upload and insert images directly into their posts without having to upload and store the image somewhere else first, or without having to know the special img tag syntax.   Furthermore, you will have easy access to all images that you've uploaded for future use in other posts.   To use this feature, click and expand the "Attachments" box below the message entry area when you are posting a message or reply.  Note:  This feature is currently restricted to club members only.
    Here's a quick tutorial video of how the new image/attachment tool works: Watch Video

We will be rolling out some more REALLY cool features in the very near future, but I'm going to keep them under wraps for now...
    Enjoy!
    -JB

2. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you rock JB!

3. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree, I love all the new features!!