1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New Coral

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted member 46, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure some of you have seen this before at AE.  Just wanted to post the brown chalice under my lights.  The picture is not nearly as colorful as it really is.
    [​IMG]

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Wow, that's looks pretty good to me!

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Looks good man! I was pretty impressed with AE, pretty darn nice place compared to what we have around here.

4. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow! That is a nice chalice man. How big is it?  I would like to see some more pics maybe a FTS would be cool. What else do you have for coral?

5. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Damn I never saw that at AE!
    That is sweet

6. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol Covey, I'm sure you saw it there. It has been there since July labeled as Mycedium. It's close to 4" acrossed. AE is a pretty good store There are better but most better ones are in bigger markets.
    The only thing is that their lights wash out darn near every color anymore. I knida wish they'd change their lights. They'd sell more coral and then I could cherry pick better. I did like that they fixed up the look the one main tank. Now they just need to move all the corals around and get the softies out of one of them. BigBlue here is an old FTS I'll try to get a new one tomorrow.

[​IMG]

7. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Was the coral pretty cheap? I don't know if I'd gamble 40 bucks on a brown coral that might color up.

Chris

8. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well it was $50 which is kinda Middle for a 4" chalice depending on colors. As for brown corals sometimes they are worth the risk depending on the type. I've yet to see a brown chalice under good lighting and most wild caught colonies lose color from shipping.
    I remembered the colors it had when they got it in. At that time I purchased the one in the middle of my FTS. When I got this one the colors where still there just very faint. Hopefully I'll be able to bring the colors out more.

9. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'd say it looks pretty good so far.

10. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice tank and nice pics! 
    You know why AE redid that first tank don't you?   Seems they had one of those Euclid worms in there that kept eating the corals and moving them around.  They finally figured it out and figured out the rock that it was living in and tore that tank apart to get the rock out.  I saw a picture of the ugly critter (in a bucket.)  Pretty amazing and everyone's worst nightmare!!

11. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll have to look at the pic next time I'm there. Their tank does look much better now though. I wonder how they found it? Someone must have stayed lat and spotted it I guess.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry but - what is ae? i'm sure its a store, just dont know which one and where it is.... the only thing i can think of so far is like... aquatic environments, but i dont know if thats a store.

13. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Posted By heartben on 11/03/2007 8:27 AM
    sorry but - what is ae? i'm sure its a store, just dont know which one and where it is.... the only thing i can think of so far is like... aquatic environments, but i dont know if thats a store.Bingo!

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Seek and ye shall find /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif src="/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>
    http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/site/Resources/PetStoreDirectory/tabid/67/Default.aspx
    Holy cow the wink /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif looks like it just got hit by the short bus. 

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it was eating all his corals it was over 2 foot long

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif was eating corals back in November? /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif