1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New coral came today from Fraggle Reef

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phishcrazee, Feb 21, 2008.

1. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So everything looks good........from left to right, roughly counter clockwise: purple turbanaria, neon green suharsoni colony, neon blue lokani colony, blue milli, uknown freebie, purple w/ green polyps birdsnest, alien eye favites, purple candy cane, and green lythophyllon (teal green thing in center of picture), another unknown freebie at base of suharsoni.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry about all that mumbo jumbo in the title....... I don't know how it got there, it was just there after I posted and the title can't be edited /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    used my mumbo jumbo eraser tool....

Nice corals !

4. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice Coral, those are some awesome pieces.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same lithophyllon, and I love it. Not something you see every day.

6. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very nice corals, you must be really happy with them!

7. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow Fawn - those are beautiful!!! Can't wait to see them in person!

Anna /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

8. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm a little worried about the lokani colony....... the water was fairly cold when they came. Probably should have been more/longer-lasting heat packs with our really cold weather.... anyway, it had slimed/clouded up the water quite a bit in it's bag. None of the others had cloudy water like that one did. I'm not seeing any polyps whatsoever and although the actinics are on, it almost seems like it's gotten more white, so we'll see I guess. I think the others are doing ok, but I'm not so sure about that one. Does anyone have any experience with acropora lokani?

9. Coralfreak

Coralfreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A. lokani is a deeper water Acro, if you have really intense lighting keep it low.  Since it already sounds like it may be stressed, definitely keep the lighting low and maintain good flow on it.  It should be able to pull through, cold water is not nearly as bad for them as warm water, it just slows their metablolism down. 
    BTW, nice corals.  I wouldnt mind getting a frag of the lokani/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif
    Allen

10. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Allen-

Sure, if it's alive, you're welcome to a frag /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

11. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Fawn, great corals! I liked them so much I ordered from fraggle reef too.  My favorite one in the pics has to be the purple turbanaria.  It's something you do not see everyday.  When you grow that one out could you put me on a list for a frag.[​IMG]

12. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That purple turbinaria will grow like a weed for you, at least mine did. It is a cool coral, actually all of yours are! The loki looks a little gone, but hopefully that will pull through.

13. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I think the lokani and the suharsoni are not doing well at all....... they're "shedding" their florescent outer layer /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif Not all of it, but maybe that will come who knows........ there definotely seems to be some parts of them dying off. The rainbow monti also looks pretty blah, but maybe it'll come around. The turbanaria's color has faded and the mouths looks like they're closing up even smaller, so I'm wondering about that one as well. I've moved the suharsoni and lokani to the tank bottom as they're both deep water acros, so I think it's just a waiting game now.

14. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You might want to move them all down low for a few days. It has helped me out in the past with corals that did not take to shipping well. Then just bring them up slowly to where you want them.

15. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear that things aren't looking good Fawn. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif I've got my fingers crossed for you!

16. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That turbinaria is usually pretty hardy. Just hit them with a gentle water change and lower them as suggested.

17. gm333

gm333 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Those are some nice pieces Fawn. I can only seem to find one fts of your tank. Got any more current shots?

18. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How did everything come out?