1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New BioCube Setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Troy, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey thanks Strong, coming from you that really means alot. LOL

2. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Finally this bad boy is done.  Here is the first pictures of a monthly set to show the progress.  In the tank currently is one Yellowtail Damsel, two Yellow Clown, one Green Clown Goby, and a Six Line Wrasse.  I have one frag of Blue Steel Zoas. 
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The bottom, the bucket is the RO for the ATO
    [​IMG]

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Pretty cool setup Troy! Never seen a Biocube done like that!

--AJ

4. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'll bet that it feels pretty good to finally be done. Looks good man, now its time to fill r' up!

Your nice and tidy wiring makes me want to redo mine. I've got soooo many things plugged in it's almost impossible to not have a mess.

5. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't let the peg board fool you, there is a mess of cords behind it. It just has the appears clean and neat. I want it to run for another month or so, before I really start moving my corals over. Plus I still need to redo my rockwork into its final place, because I want to glue all the plugs down so they don't move. I have a turbo snail that likes to knock stuff over.

6. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Great looking setup Troy. I'm sure it's good to be done...that's a big project. I might have missed the detail about your cycle...how long did it take to completely cycle? Was it a "normal" cycle, or a little different?... given the out-gassing from the insulation material for the wall. I need to stop over to see the final product now.

7. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bob the cycle was terrible all the param's were off the chart for over a month.   Started to get back to normal now, buts its been running for a while, I filled it up on April 7.  Just give me a call when you are free if you want to come and look at it.
    Still having some affects of the rockwall I think.   I have a small amount of cloudiness for the past few weeks.  Not sure what that is coming from yet for sure, just amusing its the rockwall.  
    Here is my June pic
    [​IMG]

8. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    July update.  Not much progress, but the param are getting a little more stable. 
    [​IMG]

9. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Started moving everything over to the BioCube.   Nothing is looking great just yet, cause I just got the stuffed moved last night.  
    Here is a couple of pic's
    Definitely starting to look more like a reef tank
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Strong

Strong

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    looks like it is coming along troy. pretty neat tank int eh end with the rock wall and middle rock "pile"

P.S. ur clown looks lonely, you shoudl get Jay's clown from him to pair up.

-Justin

11. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Strong
    That clown isn't mine. I am holding if for a friend, and using it to help cycle the tank.
    I am holding off on fish intil I can talk to old lady in to letting me get a pair of snowflake clowns.

12. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well its been quite a while since I last updated this.  Wishing I had a nice DSLR camera to take some decent shoots, but here is what I have.   A few issues still hanging around.  Growth is on the very slow side, still can't figure out why, but it is growing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Everything is still frag size, like I said growth is very slow, but starting to come together.  The next thing I am wanting to do to this is get the AI LED light.  I am hoping the new light will give me more par and increase the growth.

13. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Wow your tank looks great really like the rockwork

14. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another FTS, showing a little bit of growth.
    [​IMG]

15. Shayna

Shayna Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That looks great!

16. RabbitReef

RabbitReef Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Now, Makes me want to research on how to make rockwalls like yours. It looks really amazing! I bet it felt good when its all done. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

17. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What is funny, I like doing the build better then I like maintaining it. Once everything is done, I get board and start thinking what to do next.

18. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks nice. Should look even better with the stand!

You wouldn't happen to still have the hood lieing around, would you?

19. Bymers311

Bymers311 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sell it to me for next to nothing?/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif
    I really like the idea of your stand and think I may try something similar in the hopefully not so distant future.  Is there anything you would do differently with the stand now that the system has been set up for awhile?

20. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the only thing I would do different would be make the stand deeper. And the only reason is I wanted to put a CPR fug on the back and the way it is I don't have enough room. Other then that I think everything turned out really well.