1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New 120 - Stuff moved but still work in progress...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gb387, Jun 19, 2009.

1. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I FINALLY had some time for photos....

I have moved all my corals/rock/fish/inverts over a week or so after work and here and there when I could.  I took some photos tonight let me know what you think.  I am still working on somethings in the stand, clean up of cords, mounting times and some other things here and there.  I have some Current T5 retrofit fixtures coming from ebay for my sump/frag tank.
    /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

2. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nice setup looks awesome!

RR makes life so much easier!![​IMG]
    Love the stand.

3. Doubledn

Doubledn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your new set up looks great!Are you happy bwith your phosphate reactor?If you have any more blue zoo frags Im still in need.Rob

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that stand and canopy are killer. Things are really looking good. Thanks for posting the pics. I love those duncans...they are some of my favorite corals. I got some from JJ and they are outgrowing my nano. I can't wait to see what they do when I get some good light on them.

Thanks again for posting the pics. I look forward to seeing the next set.

--AJ

5. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys...

No blue zoas, yet... well I have 3 polyps I am trying to grow out.

Once I get the lighting for my sump I hope to get everything a little more organized under the tank.

6. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    looks good, your my inspiration for my 120 build :) haha, so are you using your fuge as a frag tank as well? kinda of multitasking?

7. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh yah forgot, what lighting are you using on the 120?

8. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am multi-tasking with my sump... I have some 24" t5 retrofit lighting comming off ebay, it should work for the task.

For the main tank I am using my 8X54 t5 fixture, I am very happy with the look, looks much better on my 120 as compared to the 90. I have it much closter to that water so I think thats a big help.

9. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hmm have to keep me updated on how that lighting works for you, i'm not sure what to do yet, i got half the equipment to setup an 8 bulb T5 and have all the equipment for halide haha

10. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well... I have learned lots about setting up my new aquarium. I have moved the skimmer to the back of the sump and move the tank return to the front of the sump with my filter sock, I also completely re-routed my return lines to accommodate my new sump lighting so I can better use it as a 'frag tank/combo thingy'. All this has made it much easier to service but its still work in progress.