1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

NEED Sedra 3500 needle wheel ASAP

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by snowman82, Jul 25, 2009.

1. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i'm pretty sure the needle wheel is shot on my pump.  the pump turns on but wheel wont spin. took vicegrips to get the wheel out and it wont go back in very freely and it isn't very smooth either around the magnet  kinda eaten up so thinking it shot,  need one asap though if anyone has one in the DM area.  I will be ordering a new one as well but if i can get one tomorrow and have my skimmer back i would be much happier

2. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Damn that sucks dude! I need to get a backup for mine too. My wheel is missing a few needles on it so I will be ready to replace it. I love my euroreef and the pumps are awesome too but ive heard you want to keep a spare wheel at all times for this reason. Must be kinda common. Mine hasnt done it yet but Im still going to get one to have around. LEt me know b4 u order....

3. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you running an ASM skimmer? Don;t mean to be off topic, just curious :)

4. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nope euroreef

I think i'm going to just order a whole new pump and upgrade to a 5000 instead of a 3500

5. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i decided i would try a few things on the magnet of the needlewheel. so i sanded it down and tried to smooth things out. that didn't work cause i only had like 1000 grit sand paper....sooooo i took it to the grinder...and well that seemed to work cause it now goes in the pump smoothly and guess what....it works!!!!! so i ordered a backup anyways though but if this happens to anyone elses might as well try to grind it down and smooth out the rubber coating on the magnet. it may not be a good long term solution but will get you by till a replacement is found.

6. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, at least you got it working while you wait for a replacement. What model euroreef skimmer is it?

7. matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    some acid (HCl) would help likely too