1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Need DI resin - BRS order

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by beckerj3, Sep 6, 2014.

1. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

I'm needing DI resin in another week. I'll place an order with BRS - anyone want to go in on an order and split shipping ?????

2. mikesams05p71

mikesams05p71 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    When are you placing the order?

3. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    I might need a couple of things.

4. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    I have resin if you would like to get some from me.

5. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

Mike - I would like to order by the end of the week. Does that work for you?

I'm sure that between the 3 of us: Dave, Mike, and me - that we can get to the free shipping level.

Chris - thanks for the offer. If for some reason the order falls thru, I'll let you know.

6. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I could use this if you haven't placed the order yet, split shipping or if we hit free shipping. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/wink.gif

"BRS 4 STAGE RO/DI REPLACEMENT FILTER KIT=$22.99"

7. mikesams05p71

mikesams05p71 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Crap sorry guys. I left my BRS "cart" up And my wife ordered the stuff for me. Oops. Wasn't planning on making the order for myself lol. I'm out of the group buy.

8. danmgray Well-Known ReefKeeper

Sioux City, IA
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

If you haven't already put the DI resin in your online shopping cart, log in and do it today and you may get a $5 or $10 off coupon code in your email within the next few days. This almost always works for me: 1) plan my order a few days in advance 2) LOG IN and add something to my cart or make a change--sometimes I'll add something big like an Apex, then remove it later 3) stop and wait a few days to complete the checkout, 4) within a few days, BRS will probably send you a coupon code good for $5 or $10, and finally 5) use the coupon code before it expires.

Sometimes I've timed this before a holiday sale or during a good sale week to get the very best deal.

9. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    this works for me too - basically just leaving items in your cart triggers the coupon in about 48 hours.

10. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

Yeah - putting the order in and then waiting a day usually works for me too.

Mike - no problem - nice thing for your wife to do....

Jazzybio - definitely can add you in. I'm planning that we will get to the free shipping level.

Anyone else want anything?

I'll plan to order at noon on Friday, if that works for those interested in the order.

11. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!