1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Need chaeto yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gb387, Jun 9, 2009.

1. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When do I need to add my chaeto to the sump?  If I need it anyone have some in DSM??
    My 120 is now up and running have one fish in there a couple corals that I won't miss if something goes wrong, oh and some well established live rock.  I hope to add a couple more fish tomorrow but I am having a hard time getting the ones I want out of the old tank.  Seems I can only catch the ones I don't want so I might just have to go buy another.

2. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I can't see why you wouldn't add the chaeto now as there should be nitrates in the system.
    -Eric

3. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As long as you have nitates for your cheato to feed on, you'll be okay.

4. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK, I have nitrates... so anyone in DSM have any?

5. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't have any cheato but I do have nitrates. :) Personally, I don't think a little nitrate hurts as long as it doesn't get too high.

6. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i got cheato but wont be up that way for a while.....if your in a hurry adams sells it for 6 bucks a handful, bout all you need, it will grow like weeds if you have nitrates :)

7. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

I've been throwing chaeto away...last time the size of a volleyball...as I stil have a nuisance algae that I don't want to spread and I'm afraid the spores may be mixed in with the chaeto.

-Eric

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hell I have harvested mine twice so far, with the last time being last week. If I would have found this forum sooner, I would have bagged it up and sent it to you. The last ball was about the size of a softball, which will grow so fast you wont believe it. If you still havnt gotten any by the next time mine is ready to go, ill send it your way.

9. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got some from Adams aquatics. Thanks!