1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

nano update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigBlue, Feb 1, 2009.

1. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well its been a month now and I have added some coral to the tank. So far everything is going good.
    Here are a few pics:
    FTS
    /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/blush.gif
    Devils hand leather(I think thats what it is)/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/blush.gif
    /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/confused.gif
    Candy cane and some zoas not sure what they are called.
    PPE zoa
    Don't remember what these guys are..../DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/confused.gif
    [​IMG]
    Or these....man I'm bad it this lol
    [​IMG]
    Some red zoas not sure what kind.
    [​IMG]
    Bam-Bams
    [​IMG]
    Frogspawn
    [​IMG]
    Some green zoas.
    [​IMG]
    Flowerpot coral I think is what they called it.
    [​IMG]
    And thats all I got for now. I'm still looking for more Zoas and some Rics and Yumas.

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks pretty good! That pink thing you have in the center is probably devils hand ; if it's hard, it also looks like blue ridge coral. The green zoas colony looks like radioactive green dragon eyes. The all purple ones are purple death palys. The large green ones look like nuclear green palys. The one you're calling a PPE doesn't quite look like one........maybe it's just the picture though. They will usually have a "line" for a mouth and the skirt is green with a purple center w/ green mouth. It looks like there is an aptaisia growing in the rock near your candy cane; better kalk it asap! Also, the choc chip stars are not reefsafe- they have been known to sit on and eat certain things in reef tanks. I neevr had a problem while I had mine, but I put him in my sump later on just to be sure he didn't eat something I pain a lot of money for. I have seen them eat sponges for sure. Just make sure he's well fed :)

3. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the heads up on the Chocolate chip I will keep my eye on him. So far he has been good. I also notice that aiptasia on that rock when I was taking the pics good thing my Aiptasia-x came in the mail yesterday./DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif I would like to say that stuff is amazing/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/w00t.gif!!!!! Right after posting the pics I gave that thing a little dose and about 15 mins later I looked in and it was all gone!/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/w00t.gif

4. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just be careful, their roots go deep into a rock sometimes and you may see them reappear a few days/weeks later. Just keep your eye out for it coming back.......

5. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking good Monty! I think the 2nd purple ones are called purple death palys. I also don't know if I would risk the chocolate chip star... even though he hasn't touched anything yet, he might get hungry overnight.