1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Name your ultimate concert.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JB, Sep 21, 2008.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

If you could put together your ultimate concert, what would it be?   Name three bands and an album from each band that you'd like to see the perforance center around.
    Here's my picks:
    1) Van Halen - Fair Warning.   Not the most popular VH album but it has a ton of great songs.  IMHO, Eddie's guitar tone reached it's pinnacle with Fair Warning.   I'd love to see him play them live with the orginal VH lineup.
    2) Rush - Moving Pictures.   Rush has got to be one of the tightest live bands ever.   I would have loved to hear them play some of the classics off of this album in their prime (not that they ever left there prime).
    3) Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast.   Again, amazingly tight, fun to watch live band.   Every song off of this album is great including there only real main-stream hit "Run to the Hills".  You've got to love a band with 2 (now 3) lead guitarists.
    I've seen all of these bands live already, but I'd pay a lot of money to see them together in concernt!!!
    What are your picks?
    -JB

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That would be a great concert to see.
    I'd have to go with:
    Opening band:  Weird Al: Doesn't matter which album.... I absolutely love his show and his intermissions between costume changes.
    Today is the Day: In the Eyes of God... Too heavy for most people and I doubt anyone on here has heard of them.
    Closing would have to be Type O Negative: Bloody Kisses...  They have great songs that are long and melodic to set the mood for closing.
    I've seen all three before.  There is only one band I haven't seen that I really want to which is Led Zep. (Still hoping for a tour after their get together last year)  When I was 16 to 24, I went to concerts regularly from small venues to huge arenas. 
    Edit:  Forgot about certain albums

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    It is very hard to narrow it down to 3 but here it goes

Van Halen, with their debut CD

Motley Crue, GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS

AC/DC Back in Black

Metallica would be a close 4th followed by Great White or Cindarella

4. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can they be dead?

Van Halen
    White Snake

Johnny Cash
    Garth Brooks

5. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This will be an interesting thread for sure, after a little bit of thought I realized i must be really weird because of all the music i listen too. I have been to more concerts than i can remember but i have to name the best i have seen.

First off,

Pink Floyd Pulse tour, i have seen them twice, once in Ames and once in Chicago at Soldier Field, which was the most mind blowing concert i have ever been to and would be very hard to beat.

Secondly

Slayer Seasons in the Abyss, i have seen slayer close to 10 times, man do these guys put on an awesome show! One of the best shows i saw was at Bananna Joe's in Davenport under a harvest moon during an outdoor show, it was awesome!

Thrid

The Grateful Dead, i have seen these guys more than 25 times and actually spent a little time touring around bouncing from show to show for a few weeks in the early 90's, although i don't listen to the dead much anymore i sure do miss Jerry. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

Anyway those are 3 of my favorites, it was hard for me to pick just 3 because i listen to soo much music, lately i have been listening to a lot of bluegrass like Yonder Montain String Band, but whats weird is after i get done listening to that I'll through is some metal like Trivium who will be playing in CR Oct. 7th, cant wait for that show!

Andrew, i have seen today is the day and even got the chance to meet them, those guys are pretty cool and brutal as f@#

6. Nykademus

Nykademus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hear! Hear! Love Pink Floyd
    My 3 would have to be, in no particular order:
    1) Stevie Ray Vaughn - Album does not matter.. just give him a guitar and let him go for a couple hours.
    2) Steve Miller Band
    3) Frank Zappa
    (Skipped the albums because I don't think it would matter much to me which)
    That would be old school picks. I guess new school would have to be something like:
    1) Tool
    2) Rage against the machine
    3) System of a down

7. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    First would be Guns and Roses, I am not sure if get in the ring was the song or album, but since I saw it once and don't remeber.............[​IMG]
    The first Motley Crew album. It was probably horrible by musician standards but I really liked vince neals voice.
    And I will second Lees Jonny Cash.
    Wow how did I leave out Led Zep?

8. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Get in the Ring was a tour and song off one of the Use Your Illusions albums.  I believe the first one /red and yellow.

9. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    (edit) NM, I didn't copy and paste the quotes.
    Anyways.  Hell yeah.  I met Steve a few times when he's played in the area.  Notice in my avatar pic I was trying to rip off his chops.   And if you like blue grass, check out some Grandpa Jones.  He's freakin' awesome.  Also, check out Crotchduster.  They have some stuff on youtube, but the entire album is great.  It's all a huge death metal joke.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YlA0a6ZXHY
    In this video he sings about running with no legs, because well, he has none.

10. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    accidental post....DUH-LEET