1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

My new tank custom cube 24x24x15T

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cbort, Feb 29, 2008.

1. cbort

cbort Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

here are some pics of my tank

[​IMG]

2. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's a sweet setup! Can't wait to see it stocked!

Anna /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

3. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    thanks a lot! I can't wait either!

4. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Interesting set-up! I like the black sand, unusual. Just my two cents, but it seems like a lot of your light is spilling out of the tank/into the room. Also, I like the canopy, you did a nice job, but it seems a little top heavy when you stand back and look at the tank, stand and canopy all together. Personally, I think I'd go with something that was hung from the ceiling, but I don't know then how you'd have your actinics. The bars that support the canopy bother me, that's why I'd hang the lights, but, again just my two cents (maybe a little more than two cents, lol)

5. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ya i would love to hang my lights. and actually that was my original plan, but i rent and the walls and ceiling of this house are all plaster! So no hanging anything from the ceiling. And yes i really like the use of actinic bulbs and i had an extra set of 36" bulbs laying around with a ballast. So this is what i came up with. I am pretty happy with it. Also my future tank i am looking at is going to be a 36x36 cube so this canopy will work with that. And the lights spilling out into the room is an issue i have been kinda just delt with. These reflectors are the hammertone reflectors and as you can see they are used to cover more of a 30x30 tank where as most only cover a 24x24 also going to be great when i upgrade. Thanks for the input!

6. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think you did a nice job on the canopy and I like it.  I can't blame you for not wanting to make holes in the ceiling if you rent!
    You need to open the door to the base cabinet and show us what is in there too!

7. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    thanks for looking! Also thanks for the compliments on the canopy! I woudl open the bottom, but there isn't much to look at as of right now. Upgrading some things and looking for a sump i have a tricky dimension to work with only 21" wide so not sure what i am going to use yet. Want to atleast have a 20g but dimensions are holding me back to a 15g T

8. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    First fish are in. Went with a pair of ORA clowns to start her off. Very nice colors and a lot of black to them. Very beautiful fish. 3rd fish is a midnight angel fish. All black with a royal blue tint to the fins. Also has copper colored stripes if the light hits her just right! Now if she will just be a meat eater and leave my corals alone. Time will tell! Picks coming tonite!

9. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Now some pics of the equipment!

My pump Quiet One 6000 return pump from Pat
    [​IMG]

My lights Hamilton Reefstar HQI 400W
    [​IMG]

Hamilton 400W HQI ballasts
    [​IMG]

:dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance :dance

10. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ok new pics we will start with the new FTS

[​IMG]

Pics of the toadstools

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics of ric

[​IMG]

Pics of clowns

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics of midnight angel
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Here is a pic of my newly adopted skunk cleaner shrimp. This is just one of the two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is my awesome little orange spot goby!

[​IMG]

And finally a pic of my two new coral additions. first is my eagle eyes zoos day two in the tank and just beginning to start to open up and get used to the 400W HQIs they were under 250w HQIs.

[​IMG]

And here are i think Green bay Packer zoos. Not sure. They are 2 different color of greens the skirts look just like the eagle eyes and the centers are more of a darker mint color. Very very cool!

[​IMG]

Hope everyone likes the pics. Not the best camera

12. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Here are some new full tank shots. I have switched from my 14k bulb to my 20k bulb, and am in love with the new colors! Prolly won't switch back anytime soon! Enjoy!

FTS
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How the tank works.................Scott and pat designed it.:up Awesome job guys! Love the water fall effect the smooth coast-to-coast overflow gives!
    [​IMG]

13. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    New update. Midnight angel doesn't nip soft corals but looovvveeesss polyps espeically bright colored zoos! Anyhow the zoos now have new home up in a make shift eggcrate home i made for them suspended by a mag. cleaner. zoos have acclimated well and are now coming out despite being nipped at. I think i caught it just as he began to try them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and in this last pic you can see a green/purple ric foot. He was halfway attached to a rock and this shell that all my crabs wanted, so i cut it the rest of the way off and will hopefully have another ric to trade with someone. Very beautiful colors purple base with green tips and mouth.
    [​IMG]

14. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    And lastly one more updat that actualy was taken tonite!
    My cube Cool Angle
    [​IMG]

Sorry forgot to update this thread so i copied and pasted from nano-reef.com

15. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very nice tank. Is the overflow loud?

16. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    no. nothing is loud on this setup at all. The loudest thing is actually the Skimmer. I am using a AquaC EV120 and it uses a mag 5 to. But when the skimmer is off, the thing is silent. The water actually overflows about 2" over the false wall. I have since cleaned out my drain guard. It was kinda built up with algae and i couldn't figure what was going on. My display water kept rising. But i figured it out and fixed it. Works really well now! The Coast to Coast overflow looks really cool. it just drops off!

17. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very nice. The last pic with the "Cool Angle" is truely that.

18. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So you have 2 400w MHs over that?

19. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By lee on 04/20/2008 9:19 PM
    So you have 2 400w MHs over that?no just one over this set up just have pics of both of them. Look at the pics with my canopy.

20. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By vvolfe1 on 04/19/2008 3:59 PM
    Very nice. The last pic with the "Cool Angle" is truely that. thanks a lot! I likeed it too.