1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

My Hard Drive died on my NEW computer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by covey, Jan 31, 2008.

1. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    So here we go again back to slumming it on public computers, THE HORROR!
    Anyway bought my like new factory refurbished Gateway laptop in November.  Saved me $50 and it did come with a 60 day warrenty.  Something started clicking on the computer.  Plugged in headphones.  Still clicking not from the speakers.  Computer would slow down.  Sometime the clicking would speed up and the computer would freeze completily.  I mean not even restarting in Safe Mode frozen.
    Oh yeah what day are we on...... Of course like 75 fricking fricking mother frickers.  Nothings covered of course.
    So I am out of the loop now.  For the most part I have a computer guy working on it.  Might end up with a larger hard drive out of the deal, which Ill pay for ugh.
    Hopeful I'll get it back this weekend if the computer guy keeps his word.

2. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    If your computer is clicking, your reader arm on your hard drive is broke.  That's one of the worst sounds you can hear from a computer. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

3. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    $180 later and its fixed but I am selling it tomorrow...

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1) refurb
    2) gateway

You're lucky it didn't poison you and start your apartment on fire!

Just kidding man, sorry to hear of that bad luck. I lost BOTH hard drives from a power surge 2 weeks after I got back from vacation in Australia, almost lost several thousand pictures. Not a good feeling.