1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

My clown fish have spawned... now what?

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Madjabjoe, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Madjabjoe

Madjabjoe Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think my clown fish have spawned in my tank. Can anyone give me some advise as to what I should do with the eggs. I can't move the rock that they are on so I am not sure how to go about moving them to my quarentine tank. Any advise is appreciated.

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Enjoy watching them until they become fish food. They will do it again for sure. If you want to try & raise them buy
    Joyce Wilkersons book on Clownfishes & it will tell you everything you need to know. It is very, very hard to raise them
    up.

3. xmasia

xmasia Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive heard the same as xroads has said,if you would like to talk to someone in person or phone aqua pets in omaha raised clowns.

4. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let the eggs go. Read the book. Decide if you want to spend the time and money to raise them. Donate the pair to me... /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif It is a great plan that has worked for many others in the past...

What type of clowns are they? If they are black, only respond to me via pm.... LOL