1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

My apologies.

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by ZLTFUL, Jan 29, 2009.

1. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All,
    I wanted to publicly apologize for coming across as an ******* lately. I understand that I could have handled things alot better and that all I did was make myself look bad and accomplished nothing.
    Frankly, if I didn't want to be a part of the club or be involved in any way, I would have simply just remained quiet. But I enjoy this hobby alot. I have met some great people through the club and have gained some valuable friendships as well.
    It was my intention to involve not only the people who can't attend on the weekends but also those who could only attend on the weekends. I wanted to open the door to as many people as possible for this great hobby.
    I understand that it's very hard to create a schedule to appease everyone and that the majority are able to attend during the week. But I also don't want the folks who can only attend weekends or certain weekends to feel excluded from anything.
    I am currently working with the owner of the company I work for to gain access to our hospitality room for 2 or 3 weekend meetings and will keep Joel abreast of the developments of this as they occur. But the plan will be at least one general DIY meeting including topics such as plumbing, electrical, general maintenance, etc.
    Unfortunately, at this time, my work schedule makes it very difficult to attend weekday meetings and social events. As such, I will be working with a few folks to see if we can get our once a month dinner/drinking/impromptu tank tour thing going again. It was alot of fun and we always had 4 or 5 people attending and it was a good way to get to know other members of the club better. I will also keep everyone abreast of these developments as well.
    I just want to make the club a better place for all people. I want people to feel like we can do all kinds of things together and that noone will be left out if I can help it.
    Lastly, I want to apologize to Joel. I am in no way questioning your dedication or the work you have put into all of this. I understand the sacrifices that have been made and the expectations that have been placed on this year's board. I will do whatever I can to help you out and make this club a better place for everyone.
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this.
    Ryan #3
    (The Cake Ryan)

2. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope this means there will still be cake at future meetings.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I read on reefsanctuary where someone went through this recently. Maybe this will help:
    http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-hitchhiker-id/37421-possible-red-bugs.html

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Ryan,
    Thank you, we will take all the help we can get. As the rest of the economy is slowing our business seems to be picking up. Good for the people at my company but this makes it harder for me to meet my commitment to the club. Austin has been a huge help and your help is welcomed with much appreciation.
    When you get some dates in mind let me know and we will look at the calendar as a whole to modify it to work all the way around.
    Reef on!