1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

My 75 gallon Jawfish tank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IowaDiver, Dec 3, 2008.

1. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I just recently tore my tank down because it was not the way I wanted it so I decided to dump 8 - 9 inches of sand in it, take the rocks off the bottom, and throw a bunch of jawfish in there.
    I had to do a few modifications to make the tank jumpproof  so I took eggcrate, covered it with fiberglass screen and threw it on the top. I also threw some gutterguard over the overflow slots to keep them out of there as well.
    Then today I received 7 of the little buggers from saltwaterfish.com. Also got some macroalgae to spruce it up a bit.
    1 of em failed to survive acclimation so I'm down to 6. I just threw em in the tank after 2.5 hours of acclimation so right now they are just relaxing in the corners of the tank except one industrious individual who decided to act quick and grab apiece of prime real estate in the middle with a nice tree in his backyard.
    Anyway, here's a quick pic of the tank. Ill post more over the next few days.
    Chris

[​IMG]

2. champ23

champ23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that is awesome, shoulda put up your order to swf.com i was looking at some stuff on there, what type of jawfish did you get?

3. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    dang, that's a lot of sand. I bet they couldnt be happier in anyone elses tank.

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is that an optical illusion or do you have rock glued to the back??

5. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    That's kind of what I was thinking to but figured I must just be tired or something.

6. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    magnet rocks
    http://www.aqua-mags.com/

7. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    it was a time sensitive order, otherwise i would have.
    well 1 is dead and another has a swim bladder prob so ill have 20 bucks store credit to still use at swf.com
    they are yellow head jawfish. bluespot would have been nice but they require 1 meter of territory per fish plus they arent cheap

8. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cool idea!

9. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Wow awesome tank! Also really love the mag rocks. Endless possibilities with those. One question I have though is what are they made of? Actual rock?

10. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cool idea!