1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

My 320 bulid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AdamLawrence, Aug 20, 2016.

1. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Got a little more done on the tank it is plumbed did another test fill and ran it for a few hours. I ended up up having a small drip by one of the bulk heads took it off and it had some flash on it when it was made shaved it and good to go. Next will be the sand and rock and will be up and running![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920V via App

2. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    looking good.

3. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Woot! Looks great Adam!! Following along;)

4. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Got some more done on the tank put the lights on a track that roll out and roll back in. 400 pounds of sand washed and put in and some rock put in now in just waiting for it to fill up worth ro water than I'll add salt! Than I'll put my live rock and hopefully have a quick cycle![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Sorry about some of the pictures turned out fuzzy

5. Tank

Bettendorf
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Looks awesome! Where did you get the rail system?

6. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    It's for a door just cut it in half. Should've got the two single rails but it's not a big deal to me. Also made a aluminum frame that i set my leds in and when i go to move the rest of my stuff i will set my t5 on the edge of them.

7. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    looks good. I did something very similar with my lights. On a rolling track, and an aluminum frame to mount the lights. Works out great, and it's easy enough to change out to different style lights with minimal changes to the rack.

8. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Looks good Adam! Are you using your past rock from your 'little' tank? lol

9. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Yes i will be using my old rock some of it will be in the main tank and some will be in the sump. I was thing about a 100 gallon rubbermaid tub just full of rock.

10. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Its up and running just need to add a little more salt but i ran outof salt lol forgot to order some does anyone have aqua craft in the cr area or i will buy a box of reef crystal to get me buy untill next week when i get my salt [​IMG]

11. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Just about done need to do a couple little things to it and i should be good[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I did run into one problem worth the new vertex cerebra controller it would keep losing the second set of outlets and couldnt figure out why i could unplug it and it would be back after a few flustered days of dealing with it i called them up and talked to Adam their tek guy and tools them what was happening and he asked if i was using an aqualifter for my ATO and i said yes sure enough i switched outlets and it did it again so i switched pumps and have not had any more problems with that very pleased with the controller this far.

12. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    So what's the issue with the aqualifter that causes problems with the outlets/controller? As common as a pump as that is, that might be a pretty bad deal. If it's something hardware related instead of software that would be a harder fix.

13. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    It would shut off the whole power bar and send everything back into fall back positions. they don't know why it is happen and their are other small pumps they are having trouble with to

14. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    LOOKS AWESOME Adam!!:D Thankfully you got the controller bug figured out! Woot! There's not much more so frustrating as when controllers don't work as expected.... If you have the space and rock for the rubbermaid or room for a stock tank, go for it!...dilution is solution for less problems, maintenance, etc. I'm sure you are overjoyed!! :):p:D:lol:WooHoo!!!!

15. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I did do the rubber made tub it is under the tank it is kinda hard to see but you can see it you can see the drain line for it. It returns right in front of the sump. Was thinking about making a cage to cover it because it does stick out a little ways.

16. Placid

Norwalk, IA
    Ratings:
    +60 / 2 / -0
    Can you share more info on the setup? I'm curious on the maker of the tank. Thoughts on quality and your choice of equipment/lights.

17. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I got the tank from customaquarims.com it is 72Lx36Wx30H all 3/4 inch glass as far as the quality i would rate 9 out of 10 the seams are perfect that go up and down for calk and as for the bottom its a little sloppy but pretty good all in all. I welded the stand and painted my self used 2x2x.125 square tubing.
    The lights i put 5 oceanrivie So26 (i used 4 on my 220) i am very happy with them. I also added 8 39 watt t5 which came from my aquticlife fixture. Than i took out the 150 watt metal halide fixtures.
    I have 2 sea swrils to help with differnt flow and one jeabo wp 40 and most likely be putting one or two more in.
    The skimmer is ASM G5 it is a big A** Skimmer i im happy with it but i plan on changing in the near future.
    Vertex Cerebra Controller
    Two 300w titanium heaters
    Emperor smart uv 40watt (not hook up yet)
    Geo 8x18 calcium reactor
    Miscellaneous reactors for gfo/carbon (not hooked upyet)
    100 gallon Rubbermaid tub full of live rock from previous setup.
    Jeabo doser(not hooked up yet)
    Jeabo 15000 pump works well thought it should move more water just personal impression
    Diy algae scrubber (not hooked up yet)
    Ato run by vertex cerebra had problems useing an aqualifter with it changed to a little bigger pump and good to go.
    Think that's all i have for equipment at the moment i just ordered a stenner pump for auto water changes hopefully that will be a big plus. I use aquacraft salt and very pleased with it mixes incredibly fast and clear.
    I use an 220 cfm exshusat fan very quiet cant even hear it run and have a fresh air vent to my fish room

18. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Talk about some bad luck i dropped my Achilles tang on the floor and he was the last one i was putting in and he is no longer with us son of a BI$$H

• Uh oh! Not good! Uh oh! Not good! x 2
    • List
  20. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Cross your fingers i just seen his gills start moving after 10 min of no sign of move ment