1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tank Build! my 210

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gburkart, Feb 14, 2016.

1. gburkart

gburkart Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    New custom overflow box from exotic marine!

20160225_181336.jpg

20160225_181316.jpg

2. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Nice. Did they include the wrenches, or were those extra? I assume the clear piece is a drilling template?

3. gburkart

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    yeah the wrenches are included,and yep,the clear is the template.

4. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Nice they included all that. I don't think you would have got that with the cheaper models.
    The guy that made mine didn't include anything like that. @Turbo's Aquatics@Turbo's Aquatics

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. gburkart

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    all of the bulkheads were included as well.2 2" ones and 3 1.5" ones

6. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    You have any experience with the bean animal (3 drain) setup?
    I had one on my small tank and it worked awesome. A little more piping involved, but well worth it IMO.

7. gburkart

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    no i dont,but from everything i've read,its the way to go.

8. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Let me know if you need a hand with it. We can look at it Saturday on the tank tour too unless you're going crazy and trying to get it done before then.

9. gburkart

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    lol,i may drill the tank tomorrow,but the build is going to take awhile,going to take it slow and right.i"ll take any guidance i can get lol

10. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Just shoot me a message if you need a hand with anything. I'm off tomorrow and only plans this weekend are the tank tour, and possible getting the harley out for the first ride of the year.

11. gburkart

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    well if you wanna ride,i"d love to get my bike out.i gotta work till 2 or so tomorrow.was gonna to watch extreme midget wrestling at mcgrath harley after the tank tour

12. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    LOL I got an e-mail about that today. Wasn't so sure about spending 10 bucks to watch midgets wrestle.

13. gburkart

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    lol its only 5 if you get tickets early

14. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    :eek::eek: Yeah that's why I refer people to him, he really does make a great product. He was pretty active on the RC BA thread for a while when I was going over my thoughts on extending the box off the back of the tank to bring it flush with the rim and why I thought that was important

15. Derek

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    @gburkart@gburkart what are you going to use to circulate the water in the main display? I have a Peninsula also and have a Maxspect Gyre XF-130 at the opposite end of the overflow. It works great except it pulls all my sand to one side of the tank. I'm thinking about adding another pump but I'm not sure where would be the best to offset the sandbed movement.
    You can kind of see in the picture I've attached how the sandbed is not flat anymore.

Attached Files:

16. gburkart

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    I have a jecod dc1200 return pump and to wp40's.hoping that that is enough lol

17. Derek

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Will you have all your pumps on the wall side of the tank or will you put the WP40's on the end of the peninsula? If I ever redo my Peninsula tank, I would like to make it a closed loop with a few outlets coming from the bottom of the tank to keep as much hidden as possible on all 3 sides.

18. gburkart

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    i will put a wp40 on each end.i wont ever have sand in this build so i should be able to crank them up.if it doesnt provide enough flow,i'd be interested in trying one of the new crossflow pumps.

19. Drewster

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what the new crossflows go for but you could check out going with the rw series pumps too. They aren't as channeled/directional like the wp's but they move a lot of water! If you had one or two rw-20s on the overflow side they'll move water on the other end of a 6' tank!

20. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I think the cross flows are right around 140 and become available again the beginning of March from fishstreet